ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK ILR queries - date of application, employer letter, dependent application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

goforukilr
Newly Registered
India

UK ILR queries - date of application, employer letter, dependent application

Post by goforukilr » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:59 pm

Hi,

I'm working in the UK on a Tier 2 General visa (visa issue date = 14/08/2018).

1) Earliest date of application - The UKVI guidance states that I can submit the application upto 28 days before the qualifying period.
14/08/2018 + 5 years = 14/08/2023.
14/08/2023 - 28 days = 17/07/2023 - is 17/07/2023 the earliest date for application or do I need to add 1 day to the calculated i.e. 18/07/2023?

2) I have requested an employment letter from my employer. They confirmed that they will not include a list of absences (such as for annual leave outside the UK) on the letter. Do I need a letter from the employer with the list of absence for the ILR application?

3) My partner travelled with me as a Tier 2 dependent (her visa issue date = 14/08/2018) and thus I will apply for her ILR along with my application. She is self employed (works freelance) but does not earn the minimum salary requirement for ILR. How will I be required to demonstrate funds (and how much?) to sponsor her?

4) My wife's mother is critically ill in India and may need to travel at short notice. As such, I really need to get a super-priority (1 working day slot) for a decision. I know it will depend on a day-to-day basis, but how is the super-priority availability currently based on people's experience?

Thanks for your help.

zimba
Mood:

Re: UK ILR queries - date of application, employer letter, dependent application

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:03 pm

1. 17/07/2023
2. No. There is no such requirement. All you need to know about the sponsor letter for the Skilled Worker route
3. There is no financial requirement for skilled worker dependants when applying for ILR
4. Depends on your route and their capacity: Online Application - Why there is no Super Priority Service Option ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

goforukilr
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK ILR queries - date of application, employer letter, dependent application

Post by goforukilr » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:05 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Does the employment letter need to be issued within a specified number of days from the date of application?

For example - If I plan to submit the application on 17/07/23, does the employment letter need to be issued within 1 month of the date of application i.e. on or after 17/06/2023?

I couldn't find guidance online which describes how long the letter is valid for...

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:07 pm

Yes, it should be within 28 days of application date
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

goforukilr
Newly Registered
India

Post by goforukilr » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:42 pm

Thank you.

Final question (hopefully) - The visa valid from date on the Tier 2 General visa vignette is 26/08/2018. The visa approval letter also states that I have permission to be in the UK from 26/8/2018.

However, the BRP issue date recorded on my BRP card is 14/08/2018 (which is before the date on visa vigenette and the approval letter)..

This case should I calculate the earliest possible ILR application date by backtracking 28 days from the issue date on BRP (14/08/2018) OR the valid from date on the vignette (26/08/2018).

I have found a few posts on this forum suggesting that the earliest date should be used in this case but can you please point to any gov.uk guidance which provides a steer on this?

I cannot understand how it will be the earliest date (in my case the BRP issue date minus 28 days) if the visa itself wasn't valid unilt 26/08. How does this work?

Sorry to be a pain and thanks for your help.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:11 am

ILR qualifying period is from the date of your visa approval. Often this is the date on your BRP. An entry clearance vignette could have been issued later for administrative reasons. Immigration documents can not be backdated so if your visa was approved a week ago but the vignette was printed and affixed today, it will have today's date. Obviously, only from this date onwards you are allowed to enter the UK but your visa was in fact approved before that date.

You have to use the date of the BRP to calculate your qualifying period.

goforukilr
Newly Registered
India

Post by goforukilr » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:50 pm

Thanks for your reply.

In this post, indefinite-leave-to-remain/earliest-app ... 16202.html
The advice was to use the visa vignette date which is later than than the BRP issue date (same case as mine).
In the subsequent link referred to in the post above, the guidance was to use the BRP date (in a similar case).

Apologies but I am confused because of two contradictory guidance in the post for which I have pasted the link above...

Can you please clarify the difference between the two topics?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:51 am

I noticed that the initial answer on that post needed to be corrected, to bring it in line with the answer in the link. The BRP date which is the earliest date should be used

goforukilr
Newly Registered
India

Post by goforukilr » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:37 pm

Thank you for your patience.

Is the date of application (which needs to be 28 days before the visa start date) treated as the date when the application is submitted online or when the biometrics are submitted?

Is there any gov.uk guidance which clarified this? I couldn't find any...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:52 pm

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online for your application. It is not the date of biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:55 pm

goforukilr wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:37 pm

Is the date of application (which needs to be 28 days before the visa start date) treated as the date when the application is submitted online or when the biometrics are submitted?

I also cannot find gov.uk guidance. Please could anyone share to help ease tension

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:17 pm

indian89 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:55 pm
goforukilr wrote:

I also cannot find gov.uk guidance. Please could anyone share to help ease tension
34G - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... -in-the-uk
Date of application (or variation of application) for permission to stay
34G. For the purposes of these rules, and subject to paragraph 34GB, the date on which an application is made is:
[...]
(3) where the application is made via the online application process, and there is no request for a fee waiver, the date on which the online application is submitted; or
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

indian89
India

Post by indian89 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:22 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:17 pm
indian89 wrote:
goforukilr wrote:

34G. For the purposes of these rules, and subject to paragraph 34GB, the date on which an application is made is:
[...]
(3) where the application is made via the online application process, and there is no request for a fee waiver, the date on which the online application is submitted; or
Thanks, is there any information on being allowed to submit biometrics and supporting documents AFTER BRP expiry?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:34 pm

indian89 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:22 pm
meself2 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:17 pm
indian89 wrote:
goforukilr wrote:

[...]
Thanks, is there any information on being allowed to submit biometrics and supporting documents AFTER BRP expiry?
Can you please STOP tagging your questions onto other members topics. It is very rude and inconsiderate. You have already been asked not to do this and to stick to your own topic you have!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

goforukilr
Newly Registered
India

Post by goforukilr » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:47 pm

Thanks CR001 and zimba for your help on my questions so far.

My wife and I will be applying for ILR together on 17th July 2023. I have the Tier 2 General visa (5 year route) and she will apply as my dependent.
1) For proof of co-habitation, I have sourced the following with the same address -

a) Water bills in both our names - every 6 months since Jan 2021
b) Individual bank statements - monthly since Jan 2021
c) Council Tax bills in both our names - Mar 2022, Mar 2023 (I can't find the bill for 2021)
d) HMRC letters sent to my wife in Apr 2020, April 2022, April 2023 (I can't find the letter for 2021)
e) Energy bill in my name only - since Jan 2021
f) Private medical insurance (AXA) letters for my wife - Apr 2021, Feb 2023
g) Poll cards for my wife and me - sent in May 2023

I don't seem to have enough documents for my wife for 2021 apart from a) and b).

Will the above list suffice as prove of co-habitation?

2) I will be submitting my payslips downloaded from the company portal. Do I additionally need to submit a letter from the employer confirming the authenticity of the payslips?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:46 pm

There is no specific evidence requirements for this. Provide whatever you have

goforukilr
Newly Registered
India

Post by goforukilr » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:51 pm

Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up my ILR application. For the question - Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

I lived in my country of birth (India) until Jan 2011, followed by c. 6 years in the UK on Tier 2 ICT visa and then again 18 months in India in 2017/18.

When I answer the above question as Yes, the form asks me to provide start and end dates (for countries I have lived in)
I intend to provide start date = my birth date
end date = Jan 2011

And in the reasons text box, I will include the following explanation. Is this approach reasonable/correct?
I lived in India (country of birth) from birth until 30th January 2011.
- From 30th January 2011 until 14th January 2017, I lived and worked in the UK on a Tier 2 ICT visa.
- From 14/01/2017 to 02/09/2018, I lived in India again.
- After 02/09/2018, I have lived in the UK on Tier 2 General visa i.e. the qualifying visa for this ILR application.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:44 am

goforukilr wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:51 pm
Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up my ILR application. For the question - Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

I lived in my country of birth (India) until Jan 2011, followed by c. 6 years in the UK on Tier 2 ICT visa and then again 18 months in India in 2017/18.

When I answer the above question as Yes, the form asks me to provide start and end dates (for countries I have lived in)
I intend to provide start date = my birth date
end date = Jan 2011

And in the reasons text box, I will include the following explanation. Is this approach reasonable/correct?
I lived in India (country of birth) from birth until 30th January 2011.
- From 30th January 2011 until 14th January 2017, I lived and worked in the UK on a Tier 2 ICT visa.
- From 14/01/2017 to 02/09/2018, I lived in India again.
- After 02/09/2018, I have lived in the UK on Tier 2 General visa i.e. the qualifying visa for this ILR application.
It is OK

goforukilr
Newly Registered
India

Post by goforukilr » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:27 pm

Thanks all for your help thus far.

1) Consent forms
I'm applying for ILR for myself and my wife (who is a dependent) on the same application.
The online form asks us to sign three parts of a consent form - part 1 (applicant), part 2 (joint account holders), part 3 (third party finanical support).

The only joint documents we will be providing are a water bill and a council tax bill, which are in my wife's and my name.

1a) Will my wife and I need to submit separate consent forms (one where I sign part 1 and wife signs part 2 AND another where she signs part 1 and I sign part 2)?

1b) In this case, will I be considered as providing third party financial support to my wife i.e. do I then have to sign part 3 of her consent form?

2) Cover letter
It's not in the document checklist generated in the online form, but I do need to write a cover letter for the application?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:26 pm

You sign part one, your spouse signs part two and you ignore part 3. There is no need for a cover letter

goforukilr
Newly Registered
India

Post by goforukilr » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:03 am

Thanks Zimba.

The form requests all previous passports/travel documents used to travel to the UK.

When I get to uploading the documents,
1) Should I upload all pages of previous passports or just the relevant ones with UK visas and entry stamps?
2) I will upload expired passports and expired BRP cards. On the portal where documents are uploaded, is there a way to clearly earmark and differentiate between current and expired passports/BRP?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:59 am

Only relevant pages covering the last 5 years. No need to scan old BRPs at all. All documents uploaded will be seen. Needless to say that UKVI has access to all your immigration history and data.

goforukilr
Newly Registered
India

Post by goforukilr » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:16 am

Thanks Zimba and sorry for being a pain.

The document checklist states that I need to provide all previous passports used to travel to the UK. How do we infer that the requirement is for last 5 years only? Is there any Home Office guidance around it?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:15 am

Unfortunately, the document list is generic and not exactly accurate. You are subject to the rules. Only the last 5 years matter

goforukilr
Newly Registered
India

Post by goforukilr » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:32 pm

Thank you.

I have now completed the draft of my application online but waiting for my wife to return to the UK (she's currently traveling) for her to the take the LIUK test, before I submit the application.

As I can't move to the next step of submitting the application just yet, I want to get all my documents scanned and ready for upload while I wait.

Can someone who has access to the portal used for uploading documents, share the exact instructions on the portal re: the document setup/upload? For example - size, gray-scale, folder structure etc?

That will be a huge help. Thanks