ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE VERIFY,applying soon.SENIORS Urgent JOHN/YASA/PUSH

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

PLEASE VERIFY,applying soon.SENIORS Urgent JOHN/YASA/PUSH

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Mon May 25, 2009 8:46 pm

Me and my friend going in person soon to get hsmp extension,i am director(shareholder) of company and he is secretary(shareholder),following documents we need to verify for earning,
1)wageslip from december 2008 to june 2009.
2)dividend voucher for dividend(only 1 figure of 9000+in may 2009)
3)accountant letter.
4)bank statements from dec 2008 to june 2009 to verify all wage slips+dividend.
Need to give accountant letter as we are shareholders.
Senior please advise Is there any need to show company accounts?or anything which i m missing above.Also when we fill application i believe we filled the employed column.

waiting for all advises.
Last edited by ssoct98@hotmail.com on Wed May 27, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Tue May 26, 2009 9:42 am

COME ONE SENIORS

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Tue May 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Anyone seniors,push hsmp,john or anyother .

vnvijay

Post by vnvijay » Wed May 27, 2009 1:54 am

Hi,

For the earnings section this should be fine, however basic things needs be kept in mind, e.g. salary slips should be sealed & signed, bank statemetns should also be sealed & singed, (statements should be not too old).

Just one more question, what type business are guys doing!

Thanks,
Vijay

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:Anyone seniors,push hsmp,john or anyother .

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Wed May 27, 2009 9:25 pm

vinay sealed and stamp is only for those which are not printed one,we normally get printed coloured wage slips with company names.

ChetanOjha

Re: PLEASE VERIFY,applying soon.SENIORS Urgent JOHN/YASA/PUS

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed May 27, 2009 10:41 pm

Though I am neither John,Yasa or Push but attempt to answer the your query.. ;-)

3)accountant letter.
Above 4 are fine.
Quite obvious that you are share holder otherwise you cannot get dividends.
Senior please advise Is there any need to show company accounts?
I don't think you need to show any company accounts.What is happening in the company is purely and strictly a matter of company. If you are a small share holder (say 5%) you will still get dividends but you do not have to have access of company accounts. I think you do not need to submit company account. In my opinion do not even mention any company accounts. Just show them your payslips,dividend vouchers, banks statement and accountant letter and that will be fine.

Have second opinion on the same from other members..

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu May 28, 2009 9:44 am

SOME TIME IT IS tricky and risky for on spot extn , it is better to mail papers

even they may ask sales details of company , name and contact details of customers - and they are well within their rights

so i guide my clients specifically at time of tire-1 extn to mail paper and let them take thier own time

Regards

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 28, 2009 12:19 pm

Sending application by mail is a good option. But I do not agree with HO asking sales details etc. Atleast not for this case where applicant has taken out dividends from the company. This is mentioned in the guidance notes Page 27 under Employees who receive a salary and dividend payments section.
Otherwise they should have mentioned this specifically in guidance notes. How can a person produce the sales details etc at the time of appointment if he is not supposed to do so. To me, It looks more of a shifting goal-post at the time of appointment which HO shouldn't be doing.

Sushil-ACCA wrote:SOME TIME IT IS tricky and risky for on spot extn , it is better to mail papers

even they may ask sales details of company , name and contact details of customers - and they are well within their rights

so i guide my clients specifically at time of tire-1 extn to mail paper and let them take thier own time

Regards

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu May 28, 2009 5:29 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:Me and my friend going in person soon to get hsmp extension,i am director(shareholder) of company and he is secretary(shareholder),following documents we need to verify for earning,
3)accountant letter.
Senior please advise Is there any need to show company accounts?or anything which i m missing above.Also when we fill application i believe we filled the employed column.

waiting for all advises.
They are not concerned about your company's account they are concerned about your stuff.... so dividents or salary coming to your account is gonna be fine..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

push

Post by push » Thu May 28, 2009 7:45 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:Me and my friend going in person soon to get hsmp extension,i am director(shareholder) of company and he is secretary(shareholder),following documents we need to verify for earning,
3)accountant letter.

waiting for all advises.
You are all good to go.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Sat May 30, 2009 9:55 pm

So thanks you all for your guidelines,as i am the director,so is there any chance they ask me for accounts,what i say in reply,show them,or no need.
2ndly i received dividend in may 2009,as the accounting period is from december 2007 till march 2009,so did HO consider date of money entered in my bank(dividend),as dividend we are taking at the end of accounts year.
Thanks Chetan,push yasa and john,just tell this last bit.

push

Post by push » Sat May 30, 2009 11:28 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:So thanks you all for your guidelines,as i am the director,so is there any chance they ask me for accounts,what i say in reply,show them,or no need.
2ndly i received dividend in may 2009,as the accounting period is from december 2007 till march 2009,so did HO consider date of money entered in my bank(dividend),as dividend we are taking at the end of accounts year.
Thanks Chetan,push yasa and john,just tell this last bit.
You are showing your earnings as a shareholder and not as a Director (in the form of Directo'r remuneration), I guess. That should answer your question.

Second query is not clear. Usually a Dividend voucher will state the date when it is payable from (and not the dividend declaration date).
regards,
push

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Sun May 31, 2009 2:59 pm

Push,can u explain more abt i am claiming as shareholder not as director,on m wage slip and in form i have to write my designation which is director,although i m employed too.
so little confused?

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Sun May 31, 2009 3:11 pm

You are showing your earnings as a shareholder and not as a Director (in the form of Directo'r remuneration), I guess. That should answer your question.

WHAT does it mean,i am director and shareholder also,on my wage slip its written i am director,is there any problem in that,plz comment push.

push

Post by push » Sun May 31, 2009 3:39 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:You are showing your earnings as a shareholder and not as a Director (in the form of Directo'r remuneration), I guess. That should answer your question.

WHAT does it mean,i am director and shareholder also,on my wage slip its written i am director,is there any problem in that,plz comment push.
Do you earn as shareholder (in the form of dividends) and Director (as salary) as well? Nothing wrong with that but I need this information to offer any advice.
regards,
push

push

Post by push » Sun May 31, 2009 4:11 pm

See under Employees who receive a salary and Dividend paments on page 27 of the guidance note. Whatever evidence you are providing is sufficient thus.
regards,
push

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun May 31, 2009 7:52 pm

So thanks you all for your guidelines,as i am the director,so is there any chance they ask me for accounts,what i say in reply,show them,or no need.
They shouldn't be asking. They cannot ask you to show how you run company or how much share you in company etc. This information is internal and confidential to company. You should not worry about it since you are only showing dividends you receive which is corroborate by your bank statement and vouchers. For eg. lets say I have 100 shares of BT and receive dividends from BT every year and claiming the same earning for my application. Now caseworker cannot ask me to you accounts for BT, isn't it? The same is the case with you. Just tell them you earned through dividends and thats all he should be concerned of.

In my opinion, logically it doesn't matter for which period you claim dividends. All matter is when you received the money in account. I have done lot of Overtime in my job and was paid after 3 months. Payslips explains the date for which I am getting paid but all matter is the month in which I am being paid for the OT. The same logic should apply to your dividends as well.

I understand your concern but I think you are over complicating by thinking hypothetical situation. If I were you, i would think more of what I have and how should I present in a better way. What you worried about is a broad topic and even caseworker will not have in-depth knowledge of the same. As push and I mentioned in previous posts Guidance notes itself lists out the evidences you needs under section Employees who receive a salary and Dividend paments on page 27. Take a print out of this guidance notes with you as backup. I am confident caseworker will not go beyond the scope of this document.

push

Post by push » Sun May 31, 2009 8:09 pm

chetanojha wrote:You should not worry about it since you are only showing dividends you receive which is corroborate by your bank statement and vouchers. For eg. lets say I have 100 shares of BT and receive dividends from BT every year and claiming the same earning for my application. Now caseworker cannot ask me to you accounts for BT, isn't it?.
Agree with you on most of what you have suggested but (1) The applicant here is drawing salary as well, as director of the company and hence his concern; (2) Re BT example, one can not claim earnings from dividend if he is not involved in active management of the company or if thats not his sole source of earning.
chetanojha wrote:Guidance notes itself lists out the evidences you needs under section Employees who receive a salary and Dividend paments on page 27. Take a print out of this guidance notes with you as backup. I am confident caseworker will not go beyond the scope of this document.
Completely agree- You pointed this out rt in the beginning itself.
regards,
push

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun May 31, 2009 8:39 pm

(1) The applicant here is drawing salary as well, as director of the company and hence his concern;
Can he not claim earnings without declaring him as director. Afterall director can be employee of the company.

(2) Re BT example, one can not claim earnings from dividend if he is not involved in active management of the company or if thats not his sole source of earning.
Guess I carried away :oops: . Incorrect example. Thanks for correcting.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Sun May 31, 2009 10:04 pm

So i can withdraw dividend+salary even i am a director and i am involved also.
Please confirm it push.

push

Post by push » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:18 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:So i can withdraw dividend+salary even i am a director and i am involved also.
Please confirm it push.
Yes you can
regards,
push

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:43 am

Guys,

A friend of mine is an employee and a shareholder in a company. He receives monthy salary and quarterly dividends. He is drawing a yearly gross salary of above 40K. Is he OK to just show his pay slips as that will give him enough points or do he need to show dividend vouchers as well for the dividends he is receiving in his bank account. I feel he is OK just with his pay slips (no point confusing the case worker with extra documents if you have enough points) but thought of confirming with experienced and seniors.

Cheers,

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:04 am

Yes. He is more than okay for this. I did the same. I received annual salary of 40K from my own company. Make sure your friend pay himslef little more that 40K even £10.
ambitions_high wrote:Guys,

A friend of mine is an employee and a shareholder in a company. He receives monthy salary and quarterly dividends. He is drawing a yearly gross salary of above 40K. Is he OK to just show his pay slips as that will give him enough points or do he need to show dividend vouchers as well for the dividends he is receiving in his bank account. I feel he is OK just with his pay slips (no point confusing the case worker with extra documents if you have enough points) but thought of confirming with experienced and seniors.

Cheers,

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:28 am

Thanks Chetan. Yes, he is drawin a bit more than 40K so I guess he will be okay.