ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application under process and stay in uk - link? help me

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

niceguyinuk

Application under process and stay in uk - link? help me

Post by niceguyinuk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:27 am

Hi all

My visa expires on January 7th and I am going to apply by post for my initial Tier 1 General application by December 2nd week. I told my employer that I can stay in UK after January 7th if my application is under process but my company HR said they need a proof for that? Where can I find in the UKBA website regarding this stay after visa expires while application is under process? Howlong I can stay in UK or i need to go back to India before january 7th?

Please help me...

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:22 am

you can forward this link to them.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rshelpline

nice username :)

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:31 am

Any seniors help me with this please? Because my company is giving me pressure...

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:39 am

I know how you feeling now, i dont know why these idiots dont do their work. Its their job to find out what is legal and what is illegal. They shouldn't pressure you at all.

I am not sure if you read the link or not but if you read the second bullet point on top it says they can verify your entitlement by calling on the number

"a service to employers who want to verify the entitlement to work for people who are awaiting the outcome of an application made to the Home Office; and"

you can give them your reference number and home office will sort them out.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:59 am

niceguyinuk wrote:My visa expires on January 7th and I am going to apply by post for my initial Tier 1 General application by December 2nd week. I told my employer that I can stay in UK after January 7th if my application is under process but my company HR said they need a proof for that? Where can I find in the UKBA website regarding this stay after visa expires while application is under process?
Section 5 - Section 3C and 3D of the Immigration Act 1971

Employer checking service
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:20 am

Thanks a lot vinny and imran...I am relaxed now...i sent that link to the HR...:-)

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:23 am

niceguyinuk wrote:Thanks a lot vinny and imran...I am relaxed now...i sent that link to the HR...:-)
Ask them to thank you for doing their job. I really get angry when these people bully the immigrants because they know they can get away with it.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:35 am

imran22 wrote:Ask them to thank you for doing their job. I really get angry when these people bully the immigrants because they know they can get away with it.
I don't think HR is bullying OP. It's individual's responsibility to make sure he has legal leave to remain and work in UK. If at some stage it is found that company has employed illegal immigrants HO can fine company which can affect company's reputation,business and/or client base. Would you want to do shopping from a shop who employs illegal immigrants? Hence uneasiness from HR. I think it's fair from HR part to make sure OP has valid leave to remain or has applied for one. For HR's perspective, this can be looked more as an effort to safegaurd himself from consequences in worst case.