ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tire1 General visa refused for English Language requireme

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smilewithhari
Newly Registered

UK Tire1 General visa refused for English Language requireme

Post by smilewithhari » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:38 am

I applied for UK Tire1 General visa. They refused saying there is no evidence provided for my English language requirement. But I submitted my original degree (University of Madras) and this degree(Engineering) is there in points based calculator. What UKBA claims is my certificate doesn’t explicitly specify degree was taught in English. Is it mandatory to have a letter from university stating degree was taught in English even though my degree awards me 10 points via official UKBA online points calculator?

I want to apply for a review petition

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:52 am

ECO is completely wrong.

You only need to provide your original degree and the details of degree should be present in PB calculator. If you did so and caseworker refused your application then it is utterly unfair and wrong procedure has been appleid on your case.

You should get deciosn in your favour in admin review.

Regards

ChetanOjha

Re: UK Tire1 General visa refused for English Language requi

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:23 am

If PBS calculator award you points for Degree than I don't think of any reason why case worker refused to accept it as evidence. Better check PBS once again and provide printout of PBS document(showing your degree) + Guidelines(highlighting that PBS is sufficient for english reqt.) along with the revision.
smilewithhari wrote:I applied for UK Tire1 General visa. They refused saying there is no evidence provided for my English language requirement. But I submitted my original degree (University of Madras) and this degree(Engineering) is there in points based calculator. What UKBA claims is my certificate doesn’t explicitly specify degree was taught in English. Is it mandatory to have a letter from university stating degree was taught in English even though my degree awards me 10 points via official UKBA online points calculator?

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:38 am

smilewithhari wrote:I applied for UK Tire1 General visa. They refused saying there is no evidence provided for my English language requirement. But I submitted my original degree (University of Madras) and this degree(Engineering) is there in points based calculator. What UKBA claims is my certificate doesn’t explicitly specify degree was taught in English. Is it mandatory to have a letter from university stating degree was taught in English even though my degree awards me 10 points via official UKBA online points calculator?

There have been many discussions in this forum on this topic of " English requirement" , you can try searching them if the time permits.
If the Pbs calculator gives you 10 points of language, then it is absolutely fine to provide only your degree certificates to prove the same. But, my personal view will be give out another additional proof ( like ielts/ uni letter, just to be on the safer side).
Neways, now may be you can try contacting BHC to get the things done...
Good luck!
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:42 am

I don't know why they refused your application based on 'english language requirement' though it is not fair.

I believe a big number of indians applying for UK Visas are very well learned. They all have a decent level of english compared to most countries in the world.

I believe it is now time HO should be done away with 'English Language' requirement for Indians. We deserve a better treatment.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:42 am

Which degree it is?..Can you please provide some more details like university, course duration, area of degree(like IT etc)...

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:55 am

Does your qualification appear in both qualification and English skills section of the PBS calculator? If it does, request for administrative review.

regards

smilewithhari
Newly Registered

Post by smilewithhari » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:59 am

aspirant99 wrote:
smilewithhari wrote: Which degree it is?..Can you please provide some more details like university, course duration, area of degree(like IT etc)...
I did my Engineering from University of Madras(Computer Science) in 2003. PBS has this qualification

smilewithhari
Newly Registered

Post by smilewithhari » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:00 pm

rizwan567 wrote:ECO is completely wrong.

You only need to provide your original degree and the details of degree should be present in PB calculator. If you did so and caseworker refused your application then it is utterly unfair and wrong procedure has been appleid on your case.

You should get deciosn in your favour in admin review.

Regards
Thx for advise, any Idea on how long does it take. Application says 28 days, is it 28 working days?

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:06 pm

smilewithhari wrote:
aspirant99 wrote:
smilewithhari wrote: Which degree it is?..Can you please provide some more details like university, course duration, area of degree(like IT etc)...
I did my Engineering from University of Madras(Computer Science) in 2003. PBS has this qualification
What are the exact wordings on the refusal? Can you please stick it here?

phani123
Newly Registered

Post by phani123 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:20 pm

hey dude....University of madras gives english language certificate for Rs 10/- saying that the degree is taught in english...I submitted the same along with my degree....Its time u do that too...

vkasturi
Newly Registered

Post by vkasturi » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:35 pm

phani123 wrote:hey dude....University of madras gives english language certificate for Rs 10/- saying that the degree is taught in english...I submitted the same along with my degree....Its time u do that too...
Can you tell me the procedure to get the same ? How long does it take and what are the formalities to get the English Language certificate ?

My Engg degree was also from the Univ of Madras and since I got points on the PBS calculator for both education and english, I assumed that I am good to go. Now this is scary !

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:35 am

smilewithhari wrote:
aspirant99 wrote:
If you have Patience and can wait, then apply for Admin Review.

PS -
Just fyi incase if you wish to reapply

Two days visit to University of Madras would have prevented this. First day to submit a request for medium of instruction certificate along with a copy of ur TC and a copy of ur Degree Certificate awarded by UoM during convocation with 100 Rs. DD taken in favour of Registrar (you can do this in the bank counter present in the University of Madras which will be easier and better as they have a dedicated challan for taking DD's to Registrar, UoM) and submit this to USAB (University Students Advisory Bureau, UoM, Chennai) in UoM Campus, Anna Square, Chennai.
Dont forget to carry ur originals (sometimes they may ask the certificates for verification, though most of the times they dont do).

Next day you can go and collect the letter from the same place where you submitted this.

THank U
Last edited by prisat on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:40 am

vkasturi wrote:
phani123 wrote:hey dude....University of madras gives english language certificate for Rs 10/- saying that the degree is taught in english...I submitted the same along with my degree....Its time u do that too...
Can you tell me the procedure to get the same ? How long does it take and what are the formalities to get the English Language certificate ?

My Engg degree was also from the Univ of Madras and since I got points on the PBS calculator for both education and english, I assumed that I am good to go. Now this is scary !
Two days, if you know somebody in UoM, can do it one day too. Iam sure two days is not a big task and we are not going to launch PSLV 8)

Refer the above reply from me for detailed steps on how to get the English medium certificate.

Let me know if you need more details. See your PM for my mobile #. Reach me for any clarification Hari.

Take care

vkasturi
Newly Registered

Post by vkasturi » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:23 am

Thanks a lot. I will try this on Monday. I have my appointment on Friday next. I hope i get the certificate from Univ of Madras.

sangz
Newly Registered

English language certificate

Post by sangz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:18 am

Hi,

I am currently staying in singapore and am planning to apply for PBS-Tier 1 visa for UK. I need to include an engalish language certificate for my BBA which i did from Madras University in 2001. Given that i am overseas, how do i go about getting an english language certificate from madras university.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: English language certificate

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:01 am

sangz wrote:Hi,

I am currently staying in singapore and am planning to apply for PBS-Tier 1 visa for UK. I need to include an engalish language certificate for my BBA which i did from Madras University in 2001. Given that i am overseas, how do i go about getting an english language certificate from madras university.
Who told you that you need to include an English Laguage certificate from the university?

You absolutely need not get this certificate, read the policy guidance carefully.

Even if you get this, there is no use with the certificate.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:22 am

Sangz, as suggested many times before, read the policy guidance *carefully*. Your recent queries reflect that you either haven't or don't want to make that effort!

To answer your question (though irrelevant), is that you contact your University to understand if and how they can issue you such a letter / certificate.

regards

push

Post by push » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:39 pm

If the PBS certificate awards you 10 points for your degree then you need not provide any document other than your Original Degree for this specific requirement.

I advise people to provide reference (with a quote if possible) to the exact para from the PBS guidance in the cover letter in relevant section. i.e. I have provided my original degree to claim 10 points on the English Language requirement. As the PBS calculator awards me 10 points for the aforementioned degree course, Original Degree is sufficient evidence in support of such claim. The relevant quote from PBS Guidance is provided below for your reference:
Page xx Para yy :

***************************************************************************************************
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer