ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa-Online application help please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bigben1982

Maintenance funding for Spouse visas

Post by bigben1982 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Hi experts/advisers,
Thanks a lot for your support since I joined here.

I am going to get married in Srilanka in July this year.She is a Srilankan citizen.She will move to U.K. for the first time after marriage.I am holding ILR.

I started a new job in January 2nd earning annual salary of £28746 in a NHS hospital.It looks like there is going to be a redundancy within next 2months.
That means,I will be looking for a job within another NHS employer.Hospital&city names will be different.

My question is,
If I start a new job in April this year earning £28746 or more,do I have to wait another 6months before applying for her Visa?

I read in UKBA website you should be earning over £18K with the same employer for 6months.

NHS is same but hospital/trust names will be different in my case.

At this moment,I can only submit my salary as a proof of maintenance funds.

I am looking forward your valuable advices.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Maintenance funding for Spouse visas

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:48 am

There is no 'maintenance funds' requirement for a spouse visa.

You must show evidence of income, for at least 6 months and if you have had more than 1 employer, then 12 months evidence.

NHS is the same but your employer is the specific trust you work for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bigben1982

Re: Maintenance funding for Spouse visas

Post by bigben1982 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Thanks a lot CR001 🙏.

bigben1982

Spouse visa-Meeting accomodation requirements&property inspection reports

Post by bigben1982 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:23 am

Dear forum experts,

I am currently on ILR.I would like to apply spouse visa for my Mrs after wedding in August this year.She will be moving to UK for the first time after receiving the visa.

I just spoke to a housing agent.The property I discussed with him have got 5 rooms in a HMO covering people from more than 1 house hold.I am planning to move into an ensuite double sized exclusive room including all bills which accommodate couple in that property.Only have to share Spam and lounge.

I will be only paying rent including bills every month via direct debit.

Housing agent is happy to provide a letter giving permission for her to stay with me subject to checking her visas.

I am not sure who else currently residing in that property.Is there any other documents I need to get from the housing agent?

I understand,I need to get a property inspection report.Inorder to do that,do surveyors need full access to all rooms and they need to know who else is residing there?

I would like to hear your opinions and advices please.Many thanks in advance.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse visa-Meeting accomodation requirements&property inspection reports

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:12 am

Yes and Yes. Tenancy agreement, Landlord permission letter, Housing Inspection Report should all be sufficient.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

bigben1982

Post by bigben1982 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Hi Londoner007,

Thanks for the reply.

When it comes to do the property inspection,do the surveyor/assessor needs to know the details of the other tenants living in the other rooms?Do they need access to those rooms?

I don't think so other tenants will be happy to let someone in their rooms.

Any advice please?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:31 pm

bigben1982 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:45 pm
Hi Londoner007,

Thanks for the reply.

When it comes to do the property inspection,do the surveyor/assessor needs to know the details of the other tenants living in the other rooms?Do they need access to those rooms?

I don't think so other tenants will be happy to let someone in their rooms.

Any advice please?
Property inspection report does not contains the details about other tenants rather only confirm the size of property and non-overcrowding. Regarding other tenants you have to give their information on application form which mostly is a tough job because usually no one is willing to give such information.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

bigben1982

Post by bigben1982 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:32 am

Thanks a a lot seagul.I think it's better to get a 1bed room flat.

1.Would I still need a property inspection report?

2.Planning to move into a 1 bedroom flat at the beginning of August signing a short hold tenancy agreement for 6months.I will applying for visa end of September.Which means when I apply there will be 4 months remaining on tenancy and will have 2 months council tax bills and utility bills.Would that be acceptable?

3.I will try to get a landlord letter granting permission for my Mrs to stay in with me subject to visa checks.On the tenancy agreement do I have to add her name aswell?

Please kindly advice me.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 02, 2018 7:35 pm

bigben1982 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 10:32 am
Thanks a a lot seagul.I think it's better to get a 1bed room flat.

1.Would I still need a property inspection report?

2.Planning to move into a 1 bedroom flat at the beginning of August signing a short hold tenancy agreement for 6months.I will applying for visa end of September.Which means when I apply there will be 4 months remaining on tenancy and will have 2 months council tax bills and utility bills.Would that be acceptable?

3.I will try to get a landlord letter granting permission for my Mrs to stay in with me subject to visa checks.On the tenancy agreement do I have to add her name aswell?

Please kindly advice me.
1. If the whole flat will exclusively under your own use then no need.

2. Ideally ask the landlord to confirm that the tenancy agreement will be renewed or re-issue the tenancy agreement for next 6 months (if possible) near the application time.

3. Not mandatory to add her name.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

bigben1982

Name format unmatched on UKNARIC documents and degree certificates -Spouse visa

Post by bigben1982 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:37 pm

Hi forum experts,
Recently I applied for UKNARIC certificates on behalf of my future wife.

She is graduate from a Srilankan university.

Today,received UKNARIC academic qualification level statement and English language proficiency statement.They confirmed it's equal to UK bachelor honours degree and C1 level.

UKNARIC received original transcripts from the university directly as that particular university don't provide original transcripts to students.

On her degree certificate,and I guess on the transcript aswell her name is written as,

"surname followed by her first name".

On the UKNARIC certificates,her name is written as,

"first name followed by the surname".

My question is,is it going to be a real problem?Does she needs to submit her degree certificate together with the UKNARIC documents when applying for visa?

Please kindly advice me.Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Name format unmatched on UKNARIC documents and degree certificates -Spouse visa

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:43 pm

Its one of the most frequently happening practice because at a lot places the first name come first while some places the surname come first. I think you should send the original degree certificate along with NARIC letters.

bigben1982

Re: Name format unmatched on UKNARIC documents and degree certificates -Spouse visa

Post by bigben1982 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:54 pm

Thanks a lot seagul for your reply.

Does that mean it won't be a big issue seeing names written on different formats?

No letters from the names is missing but just format different :(

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:25 pm

its just a name format like time/date/time format.

bigben1982

Post by bigben1982 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:36 am

Thanks 🙏 a lot seagul :).Much appreciate your help.

bigben1982

Credit card usage and it's effect on spouse visa

Post by bigben1982 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:06 pm

Hi forum experts,

I have just thought about this question.

I am earning more than £18600/year before tax from a single job and no more incomes.

I have balance about £2500s in one credit card and £600 on another one.

I am regularly paying the minimum amount every month.

Will using credit cards have an effect on spouse visa initial application?

Is there any specific amount I should keep on my direct debit?

Please kindly advise me.Thanks 🙏.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Credit card usage and it's effect on spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:14 pm

If you are meeting the financial requirement through working then the HO don't care about your outgoings and debts.

bigben1982

Re: Credit card usage and it's effect on spouse visa

Post by bigben1982 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:35 pm

Thanks a lot for the info seagul 🙏😀.

bigben1982

Proof of relationship-Spouse visa

Post by bigben1982 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:51 pm

Dear forum experts,

Let me tell you a bit of background story before asking the doubt.

We(my future wife)and I were childhood friends.We got lost in touch over the time due to relocation.When both of our families started looking for arranged wedding proposals for both of us,we got introduced again as adults for the first time in December 2016 through our relatives.

We spoke for the first time on 3rd week of December 2016 and then I met her first time in Srilanka a week later.

Then I moved to U.K. After 3weeks holidays and we took couple of photos at some relatives homes at that time.

Ever since then,we have been staying in touch via viber and Facebook also shared Birthday,Christmas,valentines cards throughout this period.Also I do send some money whenever possible for her expenses.

Due to annual leave issues,I haven't made any visits to Srilanka since I met her first time.We are going to get married in Srilanka in August.Planning to apply for visa couple of weeks after wedding.I will be there for only 4weeks.Therefore except wedding photos,invitation,married certificates,my travel history and few hotel stays records, there won't be much enough evidence to submit to prove subsisting relationship after wedding.

I can provide call history,viber chat screenshots and money transfer records for December 2016-Wedding period.
I am so worried about using the word arranged marriage after reading the following link.
immigration-for-family-members/wife-s-v ... 25624.html

What sort of doubts will the case worker have on my case?
Is it an issue getting married after long time since first met,if I say it's an arranged marriage?
Should I say how I met her in detail like this on my cover letter?

Please kindly advice me.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Proof of relationship-Spouse visa

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:07 am

You are over fearing despite being able to easily meet the subsisting relationship requirement due to communicating and interacting with your future wife from December 2016 till wedding day. If you wish can pronounce it as arrange marriage but attach all call/messaging record, money transfer receipt and passport stamps & tickets etc.

bigben1982

Post by bigben1982 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:57 am

Hi Seagul,

Thanks for your continuous support.Well,the reason why I am worried is just because,on the link attached,he got the refusal with the following wordings,

"I acknowledge that your marriage may be a traditionally matched marriage and it is usual for this type of marriage to occur in India but I must be satisfied that you intend to live with your sponsor as husband and wife once you are in the UK.You have provided no evidence to show why you and your sponsor were matching by your families, an explanation as to why you both considered the union to be a good match.
"

If I say,it's an arranged marriage,I have to submit proof why our families thought we are good match right?How can I simply do it?With what proof?This is whay I am worried.

Also,I downloaded viber call history,since December 2016 until yesterday,it comes around 13000 pages on excel sheets.Seriously :(.it's impossible to print all right?

Also at the beginning of our relationship,we used to only chat,we didn't make any calls until we sort of comfortably communicating with each other.It was like,first met in Skype call,then viber chats,later met her in Person then viber chats for atleast 3 months then made viber calls aswell.So if you look at viber history there won't be any calls made for the first few months.When we chat,we wrote in "Mother tongue(Tamil)+English".It's not written properly on my mother tongue or English.If you translate,you won't get proper translation at all.

Shall I submit,

First Skype call screenshot
Flight tickets&boarding passes for flights to Srilanka
First met photos taken in Srilanka
Money transfer records sent throughout the period
Last 6 months viber chat history printed on excel sheets
Screen shots covering atleast 3 per month for the last 6 months til application date
Christmas, Valentines day, birthday cards we sent each other from the beginning of the relationship
Wedding invitation
Married certificate
Wedding photos and other photos taken after wedding
Few more hotel stay records after wedding.

Is this enough or not to prove subsisting relationship?

All sounds worrying for me.Please I am looking forward any suggestions please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:57 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bigben1982

Post by bigben1982 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:56 am

Hi,

Could someone please reply with my last query?

Thanks.

bigben1982

Spouse visa-Many questions

Post by bigben1982 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi forum experts,

First of all sorry if I am posting muliple posts. I am not sure if I can't post or I am getting blocked from posting here? Please CR001 kindly let me know.

Questions are here. I would be happy to hear from anyone in this forum about your experience and advices going through spouse visa application.

1)Accomodation:

a)
I have just found a 1 bedroom flat,exclusively for myself and my furture wife who will be applying for spouse visa just after September.When I spoke to the housing agency,they said,they will be happy to provide no obligation letter but not from the landlord.Is that acceptable?

b)
I heard from experts here,that I don't need a flat inspection report.However just to add a bit of extra value to the application,I would like to get one through council or surveyors.
1 double bed room size(14'4x 10'4 equal to 4.39m x3.2m) and living room (19'1 x 9'10 equal to 5.8m x 3.0m).
Do you think this bedroom size is acceptable?

2)Paylslips

a)I have a fixed income over £18600.However working in NHS,I was asked many times to do overtime on weekends.If you look at my payslips,there will be additional lines about overtime pay.I have been working for this employer since January this year and it's a permanent contract.Will I have to choose this one when I fill online application.

Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – person residing in the UK
The lowest salary without any overtime was £1910.

I am confused because I read other posts where moderators said,if it's overtime you have to choose non salaried employment,Cat A.

Please kindly advice me with appropriate answers. Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Please, do click on the link above. You are not being prevented from posting or blocked from posting. Simply PLEASE keep ALL your spouse visa questions in ONE thread (this one).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bigben1982

Re: Spouse visa-Many questions

Post by bigben1982 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for letting me know.
Sorry about creating multiple posts.

I hope someone will reply to my last query.