ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cusmanb

Notice of Marriage

Post by cusmanb » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:20 am

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all are doing really great.

My partner (British Citizen) & I (International Student) gave marriage of notice last months, around 27 days ago. We got a letter where we were asked to provide contact details via email. After that we haven't heard anything, I know we have to go through "referral and investigation scheme" which can take upto 70 days.

My question is, how many days it takes normally? When do we get to know if they want to call us for interview? Like within 28 days or after 28 days?

Does it always take 70 days or can take less as well?

Should I contact council for update or wait?

Any answer will highly be appreciated.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Notice of Marriage

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:35 am

cusmanb wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:20 am
Hello Everyone,

I hope you all are doing really great.

My partner (British Citizen) & I (International Student) gave marriage of notice last months, around 27 days ago. We got a letter where we were asked to provide contact details via email. After that we haven't heard anything, I know we have to go through "referral and investigation scheme" which can take upto 70 days.

My question is, how many days it takes normally? When do we get to know if they want to call us for interview? Like within 28 days or after 28 days?

Does it always take 70 days or can take less as well?

Should I contact council for update or wait?

Any answer will highly be appreciated.

Thanks
The stated times are 30 days and if extended investigation/checks to be done can go up to 70days. In your situation as international student if your visa is running out soon may go beyond the 30 days.
It can take less but not had of more than 70 days though in this days of COVID19 backlog I can not say that with certainty.
As 30 days approaches if no information yet there should be no harm done if you reach out to council - you can never tell.
I leave Mods and other experienced people to flesh out

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:18 am

Thank you for your reply, my visa will be expired in January 2021.

My main concern is, does it always take exact 70 days or we can get an answer in 50 or 60 days too?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:19 am

It takes as long as HO deems it necessary to take.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:28 am

Should I contact Concil / HO for update after 30 days or wait?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:34 am

cusmanb wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:18 am
Thank you for your reply, my visa will be expired in January 2021.

My main concern is, does it always take exact 70 days or we can get an answer in 50 or 60 days too?
"ALWAYS" is an absolute, as said before no one can give you an exact of how long it will take.
Also referred to your student visa validity in my previous response....the duty to ensure ample time to accomplish the aim i.e. from given notice to marriage till submitting an in time spouse application/switching to marriage route lies with you.
You can continue to seek any clarification from the good people on here and keep forum updated of developments.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:15 pm

Understood, thank you so much for detailed answer. :)

cusmanb

Spouse Visa / Any other option??

Post by cusmanb » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:36 pm

Hello there

We had given the notice of marriage and it is subjected to 70 days notice which ends on 23rd of November. We have marriage Registration date booked for 25th of November. "Religiously Married in April"

As UK is going through a National Lockdown till early December and I believe we will not be able to register our marriage. My student visa is about to expire on 7th of January 2021.

My wife (British National) is 3 months Pregnant and in this condition it will be really hard for us to live separately as she has no one to take care of.

What options we have in this scenario? Please guide us, we are really worried because of this disastrous situation.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa / Any other option??

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:48 pm

cusmanb wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:36 pm
What options we have in this scenario? Please guide us, we are really worried because of this disastrous situation.
Maybe unmarried partner visa if you can demonstrate and fulfil the criteria as defined in following guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ners-set05
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:24 pm

Thank you. There seems to be 2 years relationship clause. We know each other since June 2019 and started living together from May 2020.

Can you please confirm if this will be an issue? I couldn't find any visa type where such circumstances are mentioned. I read on google, people have been denied entry to UK despite of their partners being pregnant. :/

This pandemic has ruined everything, we just don't know what to do.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:56 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:14 pm

@vinny, thanks. But this link was updated before 20th October. Last night Gov updated their website and it was clearly written that Weddings and Civil Partnerships ceremonies are not permitted but exceptional circumstances.

Now I am not sure what are exceptional circumstances.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:43 pm

cusmanb wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:24 pm
Thank you. There seems to be 2 years relationship clause. We know each other since June 2019 and started living together from May 2020.

Can you please confirm if this will be an issue? I couldn't find any visa type where such circumstances are mentioned. I read on google, people have been denied entry to UK despite of their partners being pregnant. :/

This pandemic has ruined everything, we just don't know what to do.
That means that you won't fit in the criteria of unmarried partner visa which was the only alternative I m afraid. But do keep in touch with the latest news as there might be some temporary concessions get offered.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cusmanb

Spouse Visa Application

Post by cusmanb » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:55 pm

Hello there,

Our marriage (British partner) ceremony was booked for 25th of November which has been reschedule to 8th of December.

I am on student Visa which expires on January 7th 2021. My partner is 3 months pregnant and we are living together since early May.

My question is, keeping in mind the December Holidays and approaching date of my visa expiry. What should I do?

Should we apply for spouse visa now and let them know that our marriage has been delayed due to Covid and we will provide the certificate as soon we get married? Or should I wait for 8th December, get married and then apply.

Would it be a problem if I apply after 8th December because of holidays and visa expiry date approaching?

Please guide

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa Application

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:54 am

cusmanb wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:55 pm
I wait for 8th December, get married and then apply.
cusmanb wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:55 pm
Would it be a problem if I apply after 8th December because of holidays and visa expiry date approaching?

Please guide
No. As long it will be made before expiry.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:13 pm

Thank you. Should I get my marriage registered first then get married?

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:13 pm

then apply*

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:46 pm

cusmanb wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:13 pm
then apply*
If you are applying spouse visa, it is imperative to present marriage certificate as backbone therefore get it done and then apply.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:25 pm

Thank you. If i apply after 8th would that be an issue if my case doesn't get assigned to case officer because of Holidays? I would apply on 10th of December.

can i stay even after exipry of my visa because of my ongoing visa application?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:58 pm

cusmanb wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:25 pm
Thank you. If i apply after 8th would that be an issue if my case doesn't get assigned to case officer because of Holidays? This is not yours to bother about, worry about ensuring you get all your ducks lined up and can submitt before your current visa expires.I would apply on 10th of December.

can i stay even after exipry of my visa because of my ongoing visa application?
Yes you can stay, your section 3C comes into play so far you submit the application before the expiration of your Tier 4 visa.

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:38 pm

Thank you so much.

I was told by someone that I can only stay if a case officer os assigned to my case.

If I apply during holidays and don't get any case officer assigned then I cannot stay. I am confused.

can you please clarify it?

cusmanb

Post by cusmanb » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:40 pm

I spoke to a lawyer long ago and told him that i would apply through him and now he is asking my to file a case and not wait for marriage. I don't know why he is aaking me to do this. He is saying that i have less time, apply ASAP. Once we apply then we can give marriage certificate as further documents after 8th.

I feel like he is trying to trap me. I am not sure. Can you please guide.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:42 pm

cusmanb wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:38 pm
Thank you so much.

I was told by someone that I can only stay if a case officer os assigned to my case.

If I apply during holidays and don't get any case officer assigned then I cannot stay. I am confused.

can you please clarify it?
Wrong, there is no such thing. So the person who mentioned this works for HO and they ring applicant up to update them they have assigned CW?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:49 pm

cusmanb wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:40 pm
I spoke to a lawyer long ago and told him that i would apply through him and now he is asking my to file a case and not wait for marriage. I don't know why he is aaking me to do this. He is saying that i have less time, apply ASAP. Once we apply then we can give marriage certificate as further documents after 8th.

I feel like he is trying to trap me. I am not sure. Can you please guide.
Your feeling is correct, dont be stampede into acting, he is looking to hook a client. If so, what sort of application or route will you be applying on? He will entrap you and make your journey complicated and longer and you will constantly be paying him through your nose.
Get all your documents ready so that as soon as you got marriage cert you can apply. If you have further questions please ask on here.
To Mods and gurus, kindly provide OP further guidance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:23 am

cusmanb wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:40 pm
I spoke to a lawyer long ago and told him that i would apply through him and now he is asking my to file a case and not wait for marriage.
As per a far-sighted projection, better to abstain in committing that ill manoeuvre because given the present tendency of activities your date of marriage may also be drawn out, and a negative decision can also be made rapidly even without asking it.