ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can employees living outside the uk count?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bkallday
Newly Registered

can employees living outside the uk count?

Post by bkallday » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:18 am

dear all,

in regards to employees needed to be hired...

can they be UK settled persons, however living in another country?? is this allowed? For instance for "research purposes" as well as setting up a distribution network...

Salary would be paid into uk bank account as well as PAYE and NI being paid as well....

Awaiting response and thank :)

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:09 am

I think NO it wouldnt help, but this is just my opinion please wait for experts
Solomon

Darvesh
Member of Standing

Post by Darvesh » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:09 am

how a person not living here will be employed by a local business though person is settled person?

avoid complication and better hire somebody from within uk...

desibabu

Post by desibabu » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:45 am

NO. They do not consider employees outside UK. Its clearly stated in policy guidance to employee someone in the UK

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:54 pm

No, it does not count.

Your employees must be settled (UK Permanent Residents or UK Passport Holders) or EU citizens.

In other words you cannot employ somebody who needs visa to stay in the country, i-e Students, Work Permit Holders, Tier 1 General etc. Your employees must be free from immigration control.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

bkallday
Newly Registered

Post by bkallday » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:07 pm

guys!

thanks for the input...i understand what you are saying...

lets say one of my employees is a settled BRITISH CITIZEN living in australi

they are on my payroll and paying paye and NI and tax and everything..

however they are living in australia basically doing research on setting up a branch there...would that work? why not?

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:23 am

I don't see why not ?

If the employee is a British Citizen and paid in £ in the UK and PAYE and NI being paid.

You have all documents you require to submit for visa extention

Which are:

Pay slips
P60s
P11s

How would UKBA know or care where the employee is living ? Its not part of the information asked in the application anywhere..

Any comments ?

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:25 am

Logically rahulsingh1 is correct:

I would add two more things in the listed docs:

1: Local bank where salary is going
2: Local UK address of the person (As he is NI, P60, P11s holder)

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:42 am

A person who is resident outside the UK cannot be a settled person in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:25 am

Thanks RizKCB -

Can you clarify by what you mean by point 1 & 2 ? As in, which document exactly are you refering to here ?

Do you mean by point 1, that we need to provide bank document of the employee as well ??

- if this is what you mean, then This has not been asked by UKBA in the required docs, and is not even possible as it is some one else's bank document. Not the applicants. And it is not possible to ask your employee for their bank statements.

RizKCB wrote:Logically rahulsingh1 is correct:

I would add two more things in the listed docs:

1: Local bank where salary is going
2: Local UK address of the person (As he is NI, P60, P11s holder)

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:31 am

You are right in the link pasted.

But here is the text from the link -
"Settled status

You are normally resident in the United Kingdom with no immigration restriction on the length of your stay. To be free of immigration restriction you must have the right of abode or indefinite leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom.
"

A British citizen living abroad/travelling frequently lets say- is free from immigration restriction and has right of abode in the UK.

So employing such a person ( british citizen/ living abroad/travelling frequently in other words) should be fine technically ?

vinny wrote:A person who is resident outside the UK cannot be a settled person in the UK.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:52 am

I meant that the salary of an employee is paid in the local bank of UK and obviously that employee would have a local address. It should not be paid in Australian bank with an employee's address in Australia, even if that employee is British citizen.

It never means that you have to show account statement of an employee. All the accounts of company justifies various transaction to an employee in the form of salaries and related PAYE and NI.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:08 pm

yup agree.

The P45 /P46 should have a UK address.

RizKCB wrote:I meant that the salary of an employee is paid in the local bank of UK and obviously that employee would have a local address. It should not be paid in Australian bank with an employee's address in Australia, even if that employee is British citizen.

It never means that you have to show account statement of an employee. All the accounts of company justifies various transaction to an employee in the form of salaries and related PAYE and NI.

bkallday
Newly Registered

Post by bkallday » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:20 am

exactly guys

1) rahul - agree with you it could be a settled british citizen that travels the world and works for me from his computer - no mention of this so i am ok

2) as for documents - ur right, ukba only needs p11s and p45s and pay slips - so we are also ok here - they dont ask for address and bank account of employees - HOWEVER this will be evident on p45 / p60 and could be checked up on...

any thoughts?

ekbe01
Russia

Re: can employees living outside the uk count?

Post by ekbe01 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:34 pm

Dear Forum,
I'm posting this in an old thread as I have exactly the same question.

I'm considering hiring a UK citizen who is only spending about 90 days a year in the UK and is mostly based in Germany. The work can be done entirely online, we do not have an office as such. This person has a British passport, has an address in the UK (proved by Council tax bill), NIN and a British account.

I have all the papers stated in the Guidance to prove that this person has a settled status in the UK (which is a passport, full stop). Also, "What is a settled worker?" section defines a ‘settled worker’ as a person who is a national of the UK without any comments about where this person lives.

Forum: What do you think about this situation and will this job count towards job creation? Will this person be considered as "settled" in the UK?

bkallday did you hire that British citizen living in Australia? How did your case develop, please?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: can employees living outside the uk count?

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:35 pm

ekbe01 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:34 pm
Dear Forum,
I'm posting this in an old thread as I have exactly the same question.

I'm considering hiring a UK citizen who is only spending about 90 days a year in the UK and is mostly based in Germany. The work can be done entirely online, we do not have an office as such. This person has a British passport, has an address in the UK (proved by Council tax bill), NIN and a British account.

I have all the papers stated in the Guidance to prove that this person has a settled status in the UK (which is a passport, full stop). Also, "What is a settled worker?" section defines a ‘settled worker’ is a person who is a national of the UK without any comments about where this person lives.

Forum: What do you think about this situation and will this job count towards job creation? Will this person be considered as "settled" in the UK?

bkallday did you hire that British citizen living in Australia? How did your case develop, please?

Thank you!
DO NOT dig up topics that are more than 5 years old to tag onto!!! The rules have moved on since 2013!!! None of the members in this topic are active on the forum anymore.

You have your own topic, post your questions there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.