ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM Spouse Visa Extension Refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

katie1989
Newly Registered
Mood:

FLRM Spouse Visa Extension Refused

Post by katie1989 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:21 pm

I applied under Category F to extend my FLRM spouse visa. My husband was my sponsor. He has a private limited Company and withdraw salary and dividends. The refusal reason is The Address on business bank statements and Personal Bank statements do not match.

The business bank statement had the address to which the company is registered to and the personal bank statements had our house address. Our understanding was that this is pretty standard and company doesn't need to have the same address as your house address.

Does anyone know if there is such a requirement in the Guidance where it mentions that business and personal bank statement address must match? What options do we have now? Thanks

ILR2015-2016

Re: FLRM Spouse Visa Extension Refused

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:41 pm

katie1989 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:21 pm
I applied under Category F to extend my FLRM spouse visa. My husband was my sponsor. He has a private limited Company and withdraw salary and dividends. The refusal reason is The Address on business bank statements and Personal Bank statements do not match.

The business bank statement had the address to which the company is registered to and the personal bank statements had our house address. Our understanding was that this is pretty standard and company doesn't need to have the same address as your house address.

Does anyone know if there is such a requirement in the Guidance where it mentions that business and personal bank statement address must match? What options do we have now? Thanks
Sorry to hear about your refusal. What date you applied for your extension ?
Have you got appeal rights?

katie1989
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by katie1989 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:55 pm

ILR2015-2016 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:41 pm
I applied on 8th Jan 2018 and received a refusal on 27 March 2018. They have not given a right of appeal and have asked to leave the country within 28 days.

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:58 pm

katie1989 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:55 pm
ILR2015-2016 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:41 pm
I applied on 8th Jan 2018 and received a refusal on 27 March 2018. They have not given a right of appeal and have asked to leave the country within 28 days.
You will have to follow the judicial review process.
1) pap against ho
They might reconsider on thus stage

Star101

Post by Star101 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Hi Katie
How can they refuse on this basis this is doesn't make any sense because Business bank statement should have business address and personal bank statement should have personal address . I believe every has the same situation
or is there any other reason for refusal
I need to apply next month I am having the same situation
just read your comments and got confused
please can you give me more details what exactly your situation was.. and what documents you submitted
thanks

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Post by equitydealer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:06 am

Can you provide the exact wording of the refusal
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

katie1989
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by katie1989 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:14 am

Star101 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:04 pm
Hi Katie
How can they refuse on this basis this is doesn't make any sense because Business bank statement should have business address and personal bank statement should have personal address . I believe every has the same situation
or is there any other reason for refusal
I need to apply next month I am having the same situation
just read your comments and got confused
please can you give me more details what exactly your situation was.. and what documents you submitted
thanks
We submitted a long list of documents including CT600, payslips, dividends, accounts, letter from accountant for full company's financial year as well as on going same set of documents.

I knew that Category F was not going to be straight forward therefore I was planning from over 12 months just to get the things right. Home Office didn't mention that there was a document missing, but they have stated that the refusal is based on the grounds that the financial evidence from bank statements cannot be considered due to address being different on personal and business bank statements.

I would appreciate if someone could guide us as to what options do we have now? HO hasn't given a right of appeal either.

katie1989
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by katie1989 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:40 pm

equitydealer wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:06 am
Can you provide the exact wording of the refusal
We have submitted our documents to a solicitor to review our case. The wordings of the refusal wasn't too different from what I have already described.

katie1989
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by katie1989 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:09 pm

1) pap against ho
Thank you for your response, what is Pap?

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:32 pm

katie1989 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:09 pm
1) pap against ho
Thank you for your response, what is Pap?
PAP = Pre-action Protocol

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ial-review
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

katie1989
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by katie1989 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:46 pm

Do you believe they refused in error and PaP will be helpful?
Have you come across anything in the Guidance which states the personal and business statement addresses must match?

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:12 pm

katie1989 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:46 pm
Do you believe they refused in error and PaP will be helpful?
Have you come across anything in the Guidance which states the personal and business statement addresses must match?
I simply posted the details for a PAP. There are others on the forum better placed to advise on this.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

katie1989
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by katie1989 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 am

1) pap against ho
Sorry I didn't understand on what stage they would consider? What will be grounds on which HO will allow in this situation? They have already refused why would they reconsider?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:30 am

There doesn't appear to be a requirement that the business address must match the home address.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:45 am

Appeal anyway. Let the tribunial judge decide if you have the right of appeal.
Form IAFT-1: Appeal a visa or immigration decision (within the UK) wrote:Your appeal form must be received at the Administrative Support Centre no later than 14 Calendar days after you are sent the Refusal Letter by the Home Office.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

katie1989
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by katie1989 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:56 am

vinny wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:45 am
Form IAFT-1: Appeal a visa or immigration decision (within the UK) wrote:Your appeal form must be received at the Administrative Support Centre no later than 14 Calendar days after you are sent the Refusal Letter by the Home Office.
Thank you for your response, unfortunately we have not been given the right of appeal.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:00 am

That may not be up to a Home Office caseworker to decide.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:51 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:45 am
If she received a certificate under section 94, which I guess she would have received, then such step will be futile.

If however she did not receive it, then the notice of decision saying she has to right of appeal is invalid and she will be entitled to pursue an in country right of appeal.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:37 pm

Thanks, Obie.

Is this another example of the absurdity of the current appeal system? When an applicant under Appendix FM cannot appeal under human rights (against a caseworker’s mistakes under the Immigration rules)? AR is unavailable.

Under what circumstances would an extension application under Appendix FM not involve human rights?

Katie1989, did the refusal mention Section 94?

However, even a Section 94 certification may itself be unlawful.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:43 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:37 pm

However, even a Section 94 certification may itself be unlawful.
Indeed, it will clearly be unlawful, but the only way it can be challenged is through Judicial Review.

If the Secretary of State had been quite on appeal matters, then she would have been entitled to file a notice of Appeal.

If feel sorry for OP, as I can find no legal basis on which the refusal can be grounded.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:55 pm

In my guess the caseworker might have assumed to the different addressed bank statement as part of cohabitation evidence instead considering under financial requirement where address doesn't matter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.