ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Private Life Under 25 - Travel Query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Under25
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Private Life Under 25 - Travel Query

Post by Under25 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m currently on Private Life 10 Year Route on the basis that I have spent half of my life in the UK and was under the age of 25 at the time of my first application. (2.5 years ago)

I am currently in the process of applying for my 2nd leave, I have a question regarding my travel history.
During the 2.5 years I have visited my home country twice for 2 weeks each time (my father lives there and I mentioned this in my application form the first time) - which hopefully won’t be an issue as I saw someone else’s post on here with similar situation.

I have also travelled to other countries like Italy, Spain, Dubai for a short period of time. I am self employed filmmaker, so some of my work takes place abroad through UK based client. Is this something the home office will see ground of refusal? I can’t find any information about this online.

I enjoy travelling I have a British born partner who lives with me, we enjoy travelling and I don’t want to spend the next 7.5 years feeling like I can’t travel at all - obviously I will adhere to the home office rule and not spend long period of time outside the UK.

Hope someone can help me as I’m super paranoid about this.

Thank you

Stay safe

Under25
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Re: Private Life Under 25 - Travel Query

Post by Under25 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:55 pm

Can anyone help please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:04 pm

You are free to travel. HO doesn't keep migrants hostage and restrict travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Under25
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by Under25 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:13 am

Thanks for that. I’m more concerned if travelling makes future applications more complicated/weaker?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:06 pm

Under25 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:13 am
Thanks for that. I’m more concerned if travelling makes future applications more complicated/weaker?
Except having refugee/asylum based visas the short vacations/overseas trips doesn't affect any other future application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.