ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION QUERY

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION QUERY

Post by 10324561 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:00 am

Hi please kindly confirm your application processing fee for a U.K. spouse visa.

Also I am a carer and receive carers allowance and meet the adequate financial requirement. I have savings of £10,000 is this ok?

I was receiving tax credits but my claim ended in July this year as I wasn’t able to renew in time due to being stuck abroad. Can this loss of income be used for the COVID exemption which states any income loss from March -2021 will be exempt?

Accommodation my brother has agreed we can live with him until we are in a position to buy our own home rent free. What is required by my brother?

Also my husband has a bachelors degree in computer science does this need verifying from NARIC? Or is a letter ok from the university?

Can I use cash in pounds as savings towards the financial adequate maintenance and if so how can I prove the cash is with me?

Is foreign savings accepted and if so how is this done?

My husband falls under the U.K. shortage job sector will this help with his application?

How much is the health surcharge? Can we opt not to use this as I have private health care?

Can I apply for a fee waiver with the home office from abroad? The website states I need to be in the U.K. to do this. Please advise so confused and the vfs is not helpful or even contactable by phone.

Also does my husband need a criminal record check from abroad?

Also do I need to provide bills in joint names as I have been stuck in India due to covid and staying with relatives. Information online is so confusing.

To instruct you please list all the documents required so I can begin getting these prepared to send. Please also confirm your fee for this.

Please note the most part of this is from an email enquiry I made online and I know this is a forum.

Hope to hear from you soon

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION QUERY

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:34 am

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mavaas11
United Kingdom

Post by mavaas11 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:49 pm

You need about £13,000 in savings for carer route adequate maintenance, as there is also carers premium which is added to the equation

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:58 pm

Also my husband has a bachelors degree in computer science does this need verifying from NARIC? Or is a letter ok from the university?
He need UK naric English and comparable assessment if using a foreign degree.
Can I use cash in pounds as savings towards the financial adequate maintenance and if so how can I prove the cash is with me?
You have to prove saving of minimum 6 months with bank statements. If you have cash and it is not a bank account. You can't use it.
Is foreign savings accepted and if so how is this done?
Yes, with bank statements and likely source of funds. Presumably the benefit agencies are aware of your substantial savings??
My husband falls under the U.K. shortage job sector will this help with his application?
Completely irrelevant to a spouse visa.
How much is the health surcharge? Can we opt not to use this as I have private health care?
£624 per year, so about £1716 for an initial spouse visa plus the visa fee. No you cannot "opt out" of paying IHS. It is mandatory
Can I apply for a fee waiver with the home office from abroad? The website states I need to be in the U.K. to do this. Please advise so confused and the vfs is not helpful or even contactable by phone.
No you can't, especially not if you have substantial savings.
Also does my husband need a criminal record check from abroad?
No.
Also do I need to provide bills in joint names as I have been stuck in India due to covid and staying with relatives. Information online is so confusing.
No.
To instruct you please list all the documents required so I can begin getting these prepared to send. Please also confirm your fee for this.
You need do to some of the research and legwork yourself too. Visa fee is £1523 plus IHS fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.