ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application both Primary and Dependent Visa holders

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mapleuk24
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR Application both Primary and Dependent Visa holders

Post by mapleuk24 » Wed May 22, 2024 2:26 pm

Greetings All,

First off all thank you and Appreciate all your valuable time for your expert advice on my questions and queries.

Case Details:
As part of our ILR application under Skilled Worker route 5 year completion for Primary and Dependent family Visa holders I seek your advice.

Below are the dates of our Visa Stamping and Arrival in UK together as a family with primary visa holder.

Visa Vignette Date: 30/08/2019
Arrival in UK: 17/09/2019
BRP issue date in Uk: 06/09/2019
BRP expiry date: 14/08/2024

Husband (employed-primary SKW), Wife (employed in the last 2 years- under Dependent visa) , Kid (aged 6 years)

We comply all the eligible requirement no overstay. We hold NARIC english certificate and cleared Life in UK. Primary visa holder has changed two employers with the same shortage occupation code. The recent one in dec 2023, the primary worker looses SKW job for 3 months he has no salary or payslips (no letter issued by HMRC). He got a new job with new sponsorship under same job code. By August he will have 3 payslips.

Questions:

1. What is the earliest date we can file for the ILR ? (can we use visa vignette date as start date)
2. Can both the primary and dependent family members file the ILR at once same time.
3. Is the start date from visa vignette counted for 5 years both for primary SKW and the dependents ?
4. Should the date be counted from the date of arrival in UK ?
5. What form and documents should be used for dependent wife who is employed (she has payslips, name in council tax all 5 years)?
6. What form and documents should be used for child aged 6 years (no documents other than some NHS letters) ?
7. Primary visa holder documents (absence letter, employer letter, last 3 payslips, 4 P60's and 1 P45, Council tax for all 5 years address) Is this sufficient ?

Thank you and appreciate your response.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application both Primary and Dependent Visa holders

Post by zimba » Wed May 22, 2024 3:02 pm

1. Within 28 days of completing your 5 years, counting from the very first visa issue date
2. Yes all apply in the same application, use form SET(O): https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-o
3. Yes
4. No, date of entry is irrelevant
5. The employment status of the dependant is irrelevant. Your spouse just needs to have LIUK and proof of English plus cohabitation evidence: All you need to know about cohabitation evidence
6. The non-UK-born child will be simply added to the same application.
7. The main applicant needs to submit the last payslip and bank statement. P45, P60, council tax. etc is not needed. The proof of English language is not needed. Just a current employer letter: All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mapleuk24
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by mapleuk24 » Wed May 22, 2024 3:58 pm

@Zimba - Thank for your response.

For point 5: May i know if the NARIC English Certificate (i.e ECCITS on behalf of home office) equal to english CEFR level 1 accepted for dependent.

This certificate was issued in the last 3 monthly solely for the purpose of visas and nationality requirement. So she is not taking any other tests.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 22, 2024 4:10 pm

Yes assuming that the min English level must be equal to or above English level B1 of CEFR (Intermediate) which is required for ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mapleuk24
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by mapleuk24 » Wed May 22, 2024 4:18 pm

Thankyou Zimba.

Yes English certificate is level C1.

For Cohabitation document: I have the Civil Marriage certificate which was used during initial visa application back in 2019. The same document will be produced.

Appreciate your response as always.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 22, 2024 6:03 pm

mapleuk24 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 4:18 pm
Thankyou Zimba.

Yes English certificate is level C1.

For Cohabitation document: I have the Civil Marriage certificate which was used during initial visa application back in 2019. The same document will be produced.

Appreciate your response as always.
A marriage certificate is not needed. Cohabitation evidence are documents showing you two sharing an address

mapleuk24
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by mapleuk24 » Wed May 22, 2024 6:09 pm

Thankyou for correcting my understanding.

In that case we have council tax and Utility bills both in our name. Also electoral & NHS registration at the same address. can you advise if any of these works ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 22, 2024 6:22 pm

mapleuk24 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 6:09 pm
Thankyou for correcting my understanding.

In that case we have council tax and Utility bills both in our name. Also electoral & NHS registration at the same address. can you advise if any of these works ?
Please read the link the I posted above. ANY evidence can be used