ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What will happen if the BRP cards not submitted

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MYA

British registration of child under 16 application form

Post by MYA » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi

Actually Iam planning to apply for ILR in few months on the basis of 10 years long residency, and after a week of ILR Iam planning to apply for my children registration as British citizen, one child is 5 years old and the other one is 1.5 years old.

Just want to know from members that which section of form MN1 applies to me as both my kids born in U.K. I will apply section 1(3) of the British nationality act.

And one question is that what I have to write where application form asks when did the child got ILR, as my kids are born here and they never got ILR ever.

Comprehensive reply will be highly appreciated.

vinny

Re: British registration of child under 16 application form

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:43 pm

MYA wrote:And one question is that what I have to write where application form asks when did the child got ILR, as my kids are born here and they never got ILR ever.
Did you misread the question?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MYA

Post by MYA » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi anyone on the forum , reply me about my above queries???????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:57 pm

MYA wrote:Hi anyone on the forum , reply me about my above queries???????
Have you bothered to click on the link that vinny has provided?? The clue is the word 'misread' which is underlined.

Read question 1.3 of the form carefully, again. Key words are 3rd, 4th and 5th.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MYA

Post by MYA » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:58 pm

Thanks CR, the link was not like normal link it looks like a word which is just underlined, and I thought vinny is asking counter question did you misread the question that's what I thought it was not what I have asked.

Secondly please could anyone confirm which section of MN1 applies in my scenario.

I think it's Section 1, section 2, section 5,6,7and 8 applies to me any one please shed some light on it

Regards MYA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:07 pm

The guidance notes will explain which sections of the form are applicable to complete.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MYA

What will happen if the BRP cards not submitted

Post by MYA » Sat May 06, 2017 5:43 pm

Iam going to apply for registration of my 2 under 16 kids as British citizen, they have BRP cards as dependant of points based system and I want to apply through JCAP Wolverhampton service. Can I keep the BRP original with me and send the copies through Check in service as I think I might take the kids out of country during the registration process

So my question is
Is there any impact on my kids registration applications if I don't send original BRPs with the form
And what should I write in the form why Iam not submitting BRPs with the form
If application is approved can I send the BRPs then?

Please guide me for the above by keeping in mind Iam using check and send service
Regards
MYA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What will happen if the BRP cards not submitted

Post by CR001 » Sat May 06, 2017 5:49 pm

NCS copies the documents and gives all originals back to you, including BRPs.

You should note that as PBS Dependent visa holders, it is risky for them to travel outside the UK if you get ILR based on Long Residence.

Your PBS Dependents should switch to FLR(M) if you apply for ILR based on long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MYA

Post by MYA » Sat May 06, 2017 7:21 pm

I think I could not explain my point to you vinny or you take it in different angle, I try to explain you again.

First question

My visa was T1 entrepreneur along with my wife and two kids, in this period I have completed my 10 year long residency and want to apply for ILR , after getting my ILR my kids eligible to apply for British registration on the basis of my Setteled status as they born here. Now when I apply for their registration the form MN1 asks to submit the BRPs if the kids have one, so my both kids have BRPs of T1 entrepreneur dependant, here the form says that if you are not submitting the BRPs with form MN1 please state the reason why, if lost then report to police etc.

As Iam applying through NCS service and I know thekeep the copies and give me original back, WHAT SHOULD I WRITe IN THe FORM why Iam not Submitting the BRPs because I did not lost and I don't submit because NCS is giving me back and sending the copies?

Reason for applying through NCS is that I want to keep kids BRPs as Iam thinking that if there is any emergency occurs in family back home during the process of registration I can take my kids with me other wise if I submit their BRPs with application without using NCS I can't take them with me.

Simple question is what I will say the reason in the form MN1 where are the KIDs BRPs as I did not lost them, and form does not state any other option to state NCS reason?
And whether they accept MN1 form without originals?

MYA

Post by MYA » Sat May 06, 2017 7:25 pm

Further more they have to scrap those BRPs can they give the option to send after registration applications are approved?

MYA

Post by MYA » Sat May 06, 2017 7:34 pm

And as for as I know , as long as their dependant visa is valid they can travel, you can apply earlier for them on the form FLR (M) if you want to but it's not compulsory, one of my friend did this and he has no problem on airport as his wife dependant visa was valid !!!!!!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:42 pm

The rules are slightly different for ILR based on long residence and PBS dependents. ILR based on 5 years residence with PBS dependents still, no issues.
Char (CR001 not Casa)