ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP for Returning resident visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sanjaysk
Newly Registered

Urgent help need for validity of PR for my daughter under 18

Post by sanjaysk » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi Guys,

Me and my daughter got PR in 2009 and my daughter went back to India 2011 and since then she is in India but I have been continue to live in UK. She is 17 now and I want to bring her in UK for her further study. Can you please help me for the followings:

1) If her PR is still valid despite being away from UK since last 4 years ?

2) If her PR is not valid then what should I do to bring her back in UK, My PR is still valid and I have been lawfully living in UK since last 11 years but still not applied for naturalization due to some reason. (My daughter's PR was done at the same time with me)

3) She has completed her 10th exam in India in 2014 and I want to bring her in UK for further study (A level / 6th Form). I am not sure how to prove her education to get admission in A level course as she has completed her 10th in India.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Urgent help need for validity of PR for my daughter unde

Post by Obie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:35 pm

under which category did she obtain the PR, and has she been coming to the UK since?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sanjaysk
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysk » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:37 am

Obie wrote:under which category did she obtain the PR, and has she been coming to the UK since?
She got PR as a dependent. She stayed with me in UK for 2 yrs on PR visa status and went back to india in 2011. Since then she has not traveled to UK.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:50 am

sanjaysk wrote:
Obie wrote:under which category did she obtain the PR, and has she been coming to the UK since?
She got PR as a dependent. She stayed with me in UK for 2 yrs on PR visa status and went back to india in 2011. Since then she has not traveled to UK.
Dependent of who? Under EU law or Indefinite leave under the immigration Rules.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sanjaysk
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysk » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Obie wrote:
sanjaysk wrote:
Dependent of who? Under EU law or Indefinite leave under the immigration Rules.
When I completed 5 yrs in UK based in 2009 on work permit and my company applied for ILR for my family (me, my wife and 2 kids) under the UK immigration Rules.unfortunately my wife has not got ILR as she has not met the English language requirement. But my and both daughter got the PR.

sanjaysk
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysk » Sun May 03, 2015 11:11 am

Hi Obie,

Thanks for your reply. Please find the further for your query clarification as below:

I am not from EU, I am from India and hence I got my ILR back in 2009 based on workpermit and hence my daughter also got her ILR as she was dependent on me.

Visa Requirement re stated below:
As mentioned above my daughter got her ILR in 2009 and she stayed in UK till 2011 and went back to India and she is still in India. However, I continued to live in UK with my ILR. Now she is under 18 and I want to bring back to UK.

1) Is her (Minor) ILR still valid ? as she has been away from UK for around 4 years.
2) How can I re-validate her ILR.
2) If not which type of visa should I apply for her to get in UK.

sanjaysk
Newly Registered

Returning Residence VISA

Post by sanjaysk » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:48 am

Hi

I am Sanjay a British Citizen looking for help to get my daughter to UK back as she was a ILR holder before she left UK in 2011 . Now she is in India doing her education want to return back to UK for higher education.
I need to help how to go about the whole process of apply for Returning Residence VISA for her.

I appreciate little help to get my daughter to UK.

Thanks
-
Sanjay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Returning Residence VISA

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:54 am

Topics merged.

Can you confirm that she is 20 years old now?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sanjaysk
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaysk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:54 am
Topics merged.

Can you confirm that she is 20 years old now?
Yes, She has completed her 20th in June this year.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:12 pm

Why didn't she try to return in 2015? The longer she was away, the more difficult it gets. Moreover, she should have returned prior to her 18th birthday; if necessary, under a child settlement visa.

Unfortunately, it's probably almost impossible now!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sanjaysk
Newly Registered

Help to find Returning Resident Visa Consultant

Post by sanjaysk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:10 pm

Hi

Is there anyone who can suggest me experienced consultant who can help me to file Returning Resident Visa application for my daughter.

Thanks
-
Sanjay

Casa

Re: Help to find Returning Resident Visa Consultant

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:08 pm

sanjaysk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:10 pm
Hi

Is there anyone who can suggest me experienced consultant who can help me to file Returning Resident Visa application for my daughter.

Thanks
-
Sanjay
Under the Board Ts&Cs, members not permitted to post professional recommendations on the open forum
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help to find Returning Resident Visa Consultant

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:37 pm

sanjaysk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:10 pm
Hi

Thanks
-
Sanjay
Topics merged.

As you have already been advised, given her long absence, it is likely impossible she will be granted a returning resident visa.
vinny wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:12 pm
Why didn't she try to return in 2015? The longer she was away, the more difficult it gets. Moreover, she should have returned prior to her 18th birthday; if necessary, under a child settlement visa.

Unfortunately, it's probably almost impossible now!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sanjaysk
Newly Registered

BRP for Returning resident visa

Post by sanjaysk » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi

my daughter came to UK on Returning Resident VISA ( Indefinite Leave to Enter). Its one month now and She has not received her BRP.

What do I need to do ?

Please help me.

Thanks
-
Sanjay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP for Returning resident visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:18 pm

What start and expiry dates does the visa vignette have?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Re: BRP for Returning resident visa

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:27 am

sanjaysk wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:11 pm
my daughter came to UK on Returning Resident VISA ( Indefinite Leave to Enter).
Congratulations! Good news. Well done!

For a BRP, I suspect that they expect her to make a NTL application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.