ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application Refused - 7 year child applications and parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nevergiveup1

Re: FLR(FP) Application Refused - 7 year child applications and parents

Post by Nevergiveup1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:29 am

Yes it's correct, both u and ur wife are the the parents of ur child, that's why they grant both of u on 10 year Parent route

Nevergiveup1

Post by Nevergiveup1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:34 am

hopeforwk wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:09 am
They granted us leave me and my wife on the basis of 10 year Parent route whilst to my child on 10 year private life route we applied on 10 year private life route on the basis of my 7 year old child is this correct ( both parents were without any status at the time of application) , please advise ?

Many Thanks in ADVANCE!!!

Can u share ur timeline dates from when ur appeal was allowed to when u receive ur BRP, because I'm still waiting for my.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:35 am

Nevergiveup1 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:34 am
Can u share ur timeline dates from when ur appeal was allowed to when u receive ur BRP, because I'm still waiting for my.
Why not simply read the WHOLE topic from PAGE 1, as user has posted all the information in his topic (this one).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nevergiveup1

Post by Nevergiveup1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:52 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:35 am
Nevergiveup1 wrote:
Why not simply read the WHOLE topic from PAGE 1, as user has posted all the information in his topic (this one).

@CR001 yes seen it now thanks. Question please, Do you have any idea about the timeline after home office withdrawn their desicion from Tribunal, my and my child appeal was withdrawn by home office and instruction were given for leave to remain to granted but I do not know how long it will be,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:00 am

Nevergiveup1 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:52 am
CR001 wrote:
Nevergiveup1 wrote:

@CR001 yes seen it now thanks. Question please, Do you have any idea about the timeline after home office withdrawn their desicion from Tribunal, my and my child appeal was withdrawn by home office and instruction were given for leave to remain to granted but I do not know how long it will be,
No I don't and you should please continue your questions in your own topic you already have instead of tagging onto other members threads.

immigration-for-family-members/appeal-w ... l#p1656897

See also point 12 in the forum rules FAQs (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nevergiveup1

Post by Nevergiveup1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:31 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:00 am
Nevergiveup1 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Nevergiveup1 wrote:

No I don't and you should please continue your questions in your own topic you already have instead of tagging onto other members threads.

immigration-for-family-members/appeal-w ... l#p1656897

See also point 12 in the forum rules FAQs (click)

Ok thanks

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Dear CR001 Could please advise/confirm

Q1. We are granted leave on the basis of 10 year parent route and my child on 10 year private life route , is this correct ?

Q2. My wife's name on BRP card is printed in online line as "A******** K********" whilst my name is printed as "K*******
A******** "
in two separate lines do you think this could be a problem for my wife , should i contact home office to rectify it ?

Please help many Thanks !!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:38 pm

It should not be a problem if the full name is on the card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Many Thanks CR001

Could you also please advise if the leave granted under parent route is correct on 7 year rule application , Thank you!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:34 pm

hopeforwk wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:31 pm
Many Thanks CR001

Could you also please advise if the leave granted under parent route is correct on 7 year rule application , Thank you!!
Why wouldn't it be when that is what you have applied for, FLR FP 10 year Parent route??
Nevergiveup1 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:29 am
Yes it's correct, both u and ur wife are the the parents of ur child, that's why they grant both of u on 10 year Parent route
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:43 pm

Thanks CR001

No we applied under 10 year private life route on the basis of our child who was over 7 at that time , as both parents were over stayers, we couldn't apply under parent route cause we thought that was for single parent only.

So may be we applied wrong but got the correct leave ?

adesuwa
Nigeria

Post by adesuwa » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:32 pm

hopeforwk wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:43 pm
Thanks CR001

No we applied under 10 year private life route on the basis of our child who was over 7 at that time , as both parents were over stayers, we couldn't apply under parent route cause we thought that was for single parent only.

So may be we applied wrong but got the correct leave ?
i am in a similar boat, only problem is that we are divorced and my daughter who turns 10 this november lives with her mum, my flr fp application with fee waiver is still pending since january 2018. I dont have status in the uk

we plan to register my daughter as a bc this nov

yankeedudu11
Newly Registered

Post by yankeedudu11 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi, please can you shed more light on the fee waver as i am planing to go same route for my application. My daughter is 10 year old already but i dont have money to register her as well as sibmitting my own application.
Thanks in advance

adesuwa
Nigeria

Post by adesuwa » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Sk10

Post by Sk10 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:36 pm

Hi neverguveup
Was your appeal withdrawn before hearing or did you win your appeal at the court.
Pls don’t mind me asking what was your circumstances. As I got appeal hearing in June for 7 year case. My son is 8.5 year already. Thanks
Nevergiveup1 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Nevergiveup1 wrote:

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

7 year child rule (Extension)

Post by hopeforwk » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:38 pm

Respected Members

I need your help again , My extension is due soon , We won the appeal and were granted visa on the basis of our child who was more than 7 years at the time of application, We were given visa under parent route (outside the rules article 8 ) although we both were living together .

Now my solicitor is insisting that we apply under private life route and cannot apply under parent route as that route is only for single parents ? I am confused , My understanding is that we should apply under parent route please help!!!!!!!

Your relationship or private life is the basis of your application to remain in the UK.

What is your relationship to the person you are applying to remain with in the UK?

Do i select parent ?

or do i select

I am not applying as a family member - I am only applying on the basis of private life in the UK

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:52 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:57 pm

See also “Two parents”.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:08 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:57 pm
See also “Two parents”.

Thanks Vinny for pointing this out , Would you be able to advise on the following please i would be really grateful

Your relationship or private life is the basis of your application to remain in the UK.

What is your relationship to the person you are applying to remain with in the UK?

Do i select " parent " ?

or do i select

"I am not applying as a family member - I am only applying on the basis of private life in the UK "

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:41 pm

Respected members please Help!!!

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:36 pm

when applying extension on the basis of British child with two parent living together

Do i select parent or shall i shall i select " not applying as family member solely applying on private life"

as we were given leave outside the immigration rules under parent route.

please Help!!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:15 pm

Leave outside the rules
Further leave

When a grant of LOTR expires, the applicant is expected to leave the UK unless they are seeking to apply under a category of the Immigration Rules. LOTR is not intended to be a route to remain in the UK, but instead provides a period of leave sufficient to overcome a compelling compassionate ground.

If the applicant wishes to seek further LOTR, they must make an appropriate application. The fact that leave was previously granted is no guarantee that further LOTR will be granted. Every case will be considered on its merits taking into account the individual facts of the case.
Applying in the UK for LOTR
Applicants in the UK must apply on the application form for the route which most closely matches their circumstances and pay the relevant fees and charges. Any compelling compassionate factors they wish to be considered, including any documentary evidence, must be raised within the application on their chosen route for it to be considered, if the requirements for leave on their chosen route are not met.
Although the parent route is intended for single parents, I suspect the closest route that match your circumstances is extending as parents again because your applications are based being parents and on continuing the family unit with your child? Unless the Private life route matches your circumstances more closely?

Try searching the forum for similar circumstances.