ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslips have different address on them

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ntb
Newly Registered
United States of America

UK Spouse Visa- what category do I apply under?

Post by ntb » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:49 am

Hi everyone,

My husband has been with his employer since January of 2017 with a salary of £30,000. He got a promotion to manager in November of 2017 with the same employer and is now making £33,000.

Do I still fall under category A?
If so, in the Appendix 2 where they ask if he has been making the same amount for the last 6 months, do I write yes and explain it more in the additional comments section?

Any help would be great! Thank you

shargaur

Re: UK Spouse Visa- what category do I apply under?

Post by shargaur » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:41 pm

Yes, its Category A. Yes, tell them the change in the circumstances. They look for any decrease in income if someone has changed the job but in your case, it's increase in salary so no issues.

This is my personal advice based on experience and I am not qualified as immigration lawyer.

ntb
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: UK Spouse Visa- what category do I apply under?

Post by ntb » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:29 pm

Thank so much for the reply !

ntb
Newly Registered
United States of America

Where do I send my supporting documents?- USA Priority

Post by ntb » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:06 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for a UK spouse visa in the USA using the priority service. It is very confusing as to where I send these documents.

Is this the correct address?:

VFS Services USA Inc.
UKVI Scanning Hub
80 Broad Street
Floor 6
New York, 10004

Thanks in advance :)

ntb
Newly Registered
United States of America

Payslips have different address on them

Post by ntb » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:04 pm

Hi all,

My husband just recently moved house and his payslips have his old address on them. Is this a problem or can we just submit a cover letter stating that he has recently moved and hasn't updated his address at work since his payslips come electronically?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Payslips have different address on them

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:07 pm

1. Cover letter should be fine as presumably he is submitting evidence of his new address with your application??

2. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have on the same application. Please keep ALL your questions in ONE topic. See also multiple topics (click to read)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ntb
Newly Registered
United States of America

Dual nationality- will it cause a problem?

Post by ntb » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:05 pm

Hi all,

I was born and raised in the USA, but my parents were born abroad and eventually moved to the US when they were 20. I am given a passport in their country automatically as it is my right because my parents were both born there so I now have my American one (of course) and one from my parents home country. Is this a problem? Im planning on sending this passport along with my US one even though it has long expired and I never use it or have renewed it.

any help would be great!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Dual nationality- will it cause a problem?

Post by seagul » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:35 pm

ntb wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:05 pm
Hi all,

I was born and raised in the USA, but my parents were born abroad and eventually moved to the US when they were 20. I am given a passport in their country automatically as it is my right because my parents were both born there so I now have my American one (of course) and one from my parents home country. Is this a problem? Im planning on sending this passport along with my US one even though it has long expired and I never use it or have renewed it.

any help would be great!
Almost all forms ask about previous passports and the nationalities a person possess. So if the form asks that then the applicant should attach it in original.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ntb
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ntb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:35 pm
ntb wrote:
Hi all,

any help would be great!
Almost all forms ask about previous passports and the nationalities a person possess. So if the form asks that then the applicant should attach it in original.
Yes that's what I was going to do, I was just wondering if having dual nationality is a problem with the Spouse visa process.

Thanks for your response!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:50 pm

ntb wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm
seagul wrote:
ntb wrote:
Hi all,

any help would be great!
Yes that's what I was going to do, I was just wondering if having dual nationality is a problem with the Spouse visa process.

No because a lot of countries allow that.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ntb
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ntb » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:43 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:50 pm
ntb wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm
seagul wrote:
ntb wrote:
Hi all,

any help would be great!

No because a lot of countries allow that.

Thanks a lot! :D

ntb
Newly Registered
United States of America

PLEASE HELP- Is a property inspection necessary?

Post by ntb » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:26 pm

Hi all,

I really need help.

My husband (the sponsor) lives in a big 4 bedroom home with his parents, sister and brother. They all have their own room, including us. If I send the property pictures with the dimensions from the estate agency that sold it to us alongside mortgage agreement, land registry etc. Will that suffice? Or do I have pay for a property inspection?

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Re: PLEASE HELP- Is a property inspection necessary?

Post by HamzahB786 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:37 pm

ntb wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:26 pm
Hi all,

I really need help.

My husband (the sponsor) lives in a big 4 bedroom home with his parents, sister and brother. They all have their own room, including us. If I send the property pictures with the dimensions from the estate agency that sold it to us alongside mortgage agreement, land registry etc. Will that suffice? Or do I have pay for a property inspection?
you will have to pay for a property inspection

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:20 pm

ntb wrote:
Hi all,

I really need help.

You have to arrange property inspection report which any reasonable estate agent can do.

ntb
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ntb » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:32 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:20 pm
ntb wrote:
Hi all,

I really need help.

You have to arrange property inspection report which any reasonable estate agent can do.
Should we tell them its for immigration purposes or just ask for a regular property inspection and that should be enough to satisfy the requirement?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:44 pm

ntb wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:32 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:20 pm
ntb wrote:
Hi all,

I really need help.

Should we tell them its for immigration purposes or just ask for a regular property inspection and that should be enough to satisfy the requirement?
The general purpose of property inspection report is to prove that there is no overcrowding. So preferably them its purpose so that they are ready in advance to deal with HO enquiry.