ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visas: Evidence of WhatsApp chat to PDF

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Family Visas: Entry stamps on passport & Joint mortgage

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:36 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:24 pm
the title deed does not show how many bedrooms the house is which i believe is important to show and submit ?
It can be stated in NOC letter. Otherwise if you wishes then can ask any surveyor/estate agent for property inspection (optional as you are not living with none-related adults).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:07 pm

Just wanted to add another question if thats ok please.

Will it be better to state that i am submitting the application on behalf of my wife which i will be? If i do this, will they be calling my wife to ask her questions and confirm things and it will not cause further delay or complicate things further?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:12 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:07 pm

Will it be better to state that i am submitting the application on behalf of my wife which i will be? If i do this, will they be calling my wife to ask her questions and confirm things and it will not cause further delay or complicate things further?
You don't need to state that because sponsor can apply and scanned & send the supporting documents from UK on behalf of applicant. Applicant just need to visit his/her local vfs/tls centre for enrolling the biometrics and depositing the original passport.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:14 pm

will they be calling my wife to ask her questions and confirm things and it will not cause further delay or complicate things further?
UKVI can still call both you, your employer and your spouse separately for an interview if the deem it necessary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:21 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:12 pm
ReVerie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:07 pm

You don't need to state that because sponsor can apply and scanned & send the supporting documents from UK on behalf of applicant. Applicant just need to visit his/her local vfs/tls centre for enrolling the biometrics and depositing the original passport.
Sorry to be so padentic, so on the applications section i will provide all contact and personal details of my wife and at the end where it asks if i am filling this application on behalf of someone else, i will say Yes to that and fill in 3rd party details as they ask ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:27 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:21 pm

at the end where it asks if i am filling this application on behalf of someone else, i will say Yes to that and fill in 3rd party details as they ask ?
It is for someone such as solicitor who is filling it out. If you are not using any solicitor/representative then it is not relevant to you.

ReVerie

Family Visas: Evidence of WhatsApp chat to PDF

Post by ReVerie » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:51 pm

Hi All,

Happy New Year to everyone at start :)

I just wanted to ask if i can just get all the screenshots of the chat on PDF and just submit the PDF online as i will be using self-uploading service, instead of printing them all out on pages and pages and scanning them again which im sure doesnt make sense but i know HO can be silly about little things so just wanted to make sure if this would be ok for me to do ?

Also, I am thinking of taking 1-2 shots of chat every 3 month maybe, would this be ok ? We had a full blown wedding so i have great pictures of wedding and videos.

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family Visas: Evidence of WhatsApp chat to PDF

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:56 pm

Please keep all your questions in one topic, now merged!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:56 pm
Please keep all your questions in one topic, now merged!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Really sorry, CR001, i thought if its a new topic/subject then i must start new post because it also helps to identify the main subject of the new topic but i will keep under same

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:49 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:51 pm
Hi All,

I just wanted to ask if i can just get all the screenshots of the chat on PDF and just submit the PDF online as i will be using self-uploading service, instead of printing them all out on pages and pages and scanning them again which im sure doesnt make sense but i know HO can be silly about little things so just wanted to make sure if this would be ok for me to do ?

Also, I am thinking of taking 1-2 shots of chat every 3 month maybe, would this be ok ? We had a full blown wedding so i have great pictures of wedding and videos.

Many thanks!
So anyone know if this would be possible for me to do ?

uj95

Post by uj95 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:45 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:49 pm
ReVerie wrote:
Hi All,

Many thanks!
1. You can export the WhatsApp chat history and PDF this. Also I did a collage of 2 screenshots per months (using photo collage on idiot-phone) then put these in a word document and converted to PDF. Easily done...using online free pdf converters like smallpdf to convert or merge documents

2. Same thing for photos, collage a few together and put in word document. Then convert word document to PDF. I find PDF is best way to upload on VFS as there is no issues and saves printing it out to scan it.

3. You mentioned video, they don’t want to see videos and frankly don’t care about the video. Stick to photos and chats as well gift receipts/flight tickets/money transfers etc.

ReVerie

Re: Family Visas: Visa Application charging in different currency

Post by ReVerie » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:41 pm

uj95 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:45 pm
ReVerie wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:49 pm
ReVerie wrote:
Hi All,

Many thanks!
1. You can export the WhatsApp chat history and PDF this. Also I did a collage of 2 screenshots per months (using photo collage on idiot-phone) then put these in a word document and converted to PDF. Easily done...using online free pdf converters like smallpdf to convert or merge documents

2. Same thing for photos, collage a few together and put in word document. Then convert word document to PDF. I find PDF is best way to upload on VFS as there is no issues and saves printing it out to scan it.

3. You mentioned video, they don’t want to see videos and frankly don’t care about the video. Stick to photos and chats as well gift receipts/flight tickets/money transfers etc.
Thank you so much for quick response really appreciate it. I am just having another issue when trying to pay for the application! :(

The application is not asking me to pay in GBP but first it asked me to pay in MAD (Moroccan Dirhams) and then its now asking me to pay in Euro! and the amount its asking me to pay seems much more higher. The UKVI fee its asking me to pay is 1880 Euros which after conversion comes to £1686 through my bank, the fees should be £1523! no ?! and why its asking to pay so much

BordersDivide
Egypt

Post by BordersDivide » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:49 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Hi All,

Many thanks!
Not sure about the format.

The frequency of chats I’d suggest one screenshot for each week. I did that and home office was satisfied. Also, same with pictures. Instead of many pictures of same day, try and send pictures of many different days. I also wrote on the back when (dates) the pictures were taken.

I also provided screenshots of the call lists made from my phone (voice calls and FaceTime) but that’s probably extra.

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:50 pm

BordersDivide wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:49 pm
ReVerie wrote:
Hi All,

Many thanks!
Not sure about the format.

The frequency of chats I’d suggest one screenshot for each week. I did that and home office was satisfied. Also, same with pictures. Instead of many pictures of same day, try and send pictures of many different days. I also wrote on the back when (dates) the pictures were taken.

I also provided screenshots of the call lists made from my phone (voice calls and FaceTime) but that’s probably extra.
Many thanks Border

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:00 pm

I just need to know this now :

The application is not asking me to pay in GBP but first it asked me to pay in MAD (Moroccan Dirhams) and then its now asking me to pay in Euro! and the amount its asking me to pay seems much more higher. The UKVI fee its asking me to pay is 1880 Euros which after conversion comes to £1686 through my bank, the fees should be £1523! no ?! and why its asking to pay so much :(

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:29 am

ReVerie wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:00 pm

The application is not asking me to pay in GBP but first it asked me to pay in MAD (Moroccan Dirhams) and then its now asking me to pay in Euro! and the amount its asking me to pay seems much more higher. The UKVI fee its asking me to pay is 1880 Euros which after conversion comes to £1686 through my bank, the fees should be £1523! no ?! and why its asking to pay so much :(
It could be because fees are charged in the local currency of the country the application is being submitted from (which would be Morocco in this case it seems), with currency conversions done in accordance with the policy linked below. You bank may also charge fees for currency conversion. I'm not sure why it then would have asked you to pay in Euros.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... Policy.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:42 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:00 pm

If you will consider the exchange rate used by HO, its appears to be a bit different i.e. higher from that of whats available in the open market so they don not end up at a loss with the fluctuations in currency exchange(read it somewhere maybe in previous post on this forum)
Part of the vagaries that is faced in this application process and at the end of the day it is left to applicant to either pay or not.

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:24 pm

Thanks for the response guys

I understand why they might be charging in local currency but I still don’t understand why they then charge in Euros. But the biggest question is how the hell can the difference be over £150 to the original amount stated on gov site. Application fee for applying from outside is £1534 or something, whereas I have been asked to pay £1880 euros which under my bank exchanges to £1683. There is a BIG difference between £1534 and £1683! Somethings definitely not right here!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:26 pm

UKVI use oanda.com and set the rate monthly for visa fees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:36 pm

On oanda.com £1534 is exchanging to €1808 right now, I’m being charged over extra £150..or am I not understanding correctly? One thing is clear, I am being asked to pay £1684 at the end where as it should be £1534 or as close enough to it as possible

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:34 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:36 pm
On oanda.com £1534 is exchanging to €1808 right now, I’m being charged over extra £150..or am I not understanding correctly? One thing is clear, I am being asked to pay £1684 at the end where as it should be £1534 or as close enough to it as possible
With all said, you may want to lodge a complaint with HO as i doubt if anyone here can give you a better answer as to satisfy your whys.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:13 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Maybe any of their chargeable service got included which hadnt noticed or you were paying through credit card/overdraft?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:28 am

"The Home Office Exchange Rate Policy applies the Bloomberg opening rate as the base exchange rate when taking payment in any currency other than sterling. All Home Office exchange rates are set at 4% above the Bloomberg opening rate. Rates will be reviewed on a fortnightly basis and only adjusted if they have varied by more than 1% away from the set rate i.e. below 3% or above 5% from the Bloomberg opening rate"

"If you have any further questions on the Home Office Exchange Rate Policy, including local rates of exchange and the associated refund policy, please contact us at the following e-mail address: HOExchangeRates@HomeOffice.gsi.gov.uk"

Keep in mind that if you are trying to pay from the UK, you are likely being charged for two currency conversions. The first being the Home Office converting the GBP visa fee into the local currency and the second being your bank converting the local currency back into GBP (if applicable). No idea how or why euros may have become involved and I agree it's probably worth going to a Home Office or UKVI contact to confirm why the rates are that way and whether any additional charges were unintentionally added if you're concerned about the extra amount.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:14 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:13 pm
ReVerie wrote:
Maybe any of their chargeable service got included which hadnt noticed or you were paying through credit card/overdraft?
I am paying through a credit card, are there so much more charges for paying through credit card?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:33 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:14 am
seagul wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:13 pm
ReVerie wrote:

I am paying through a credit card, are there so much more charges for paying through credit card?
I was already suspecting that as exchange rate can't be so higher. Credit card are mostly cheaper for in country transactions.