ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document Checklist

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Document Checklist

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:37 pm

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:18 pm

TLS and VFS are commercial partners of and carrying out some services for the HO/UKVI towards immigration/visa isuance purposes e.g. taking of biometrics and documents on behalf of HO. Each country/region is assigned to either TLS or VFS.
For Morocco, it is TLS Contact.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:28 pm

Thank you so much. That clears up a lot. :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:32 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:31 pm
I will be Cat A, salaried. I am paid a fixed basic salary of £1570.83 each month. I used to do overtime, but now I get bonus paid each month which varies based on performance. This would still be classed as salaried, is this right? As my fixed basic never changes. I can also explain briefly in support letter I get overtime/bonus paid.
Your fixed wages will fall under salaried person whereas the bonus will under none-salaried person for which annualised average will have to be taken.
sqmeb wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:31 pm
For accommodation, I am in a shared house. I have my own en-suite. I will get a property inspection report (does this also need to be no older than 28 days?), a NO letter from the agency and my tenancy agreement. The property has a HMO license and they've agreed to let my husband join me. How do I prove it has a HMO license? Is there a certificate I can ask from the agency?
They can describe the HMO licence number in same noc letter without actually providing the certificate so that if HO wants to verify something then can get it done by liaising with the relevant council.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:57 am

Thank you seagul for your response.

So do I apply as salaried or non-salaried as I get a fixed amount with bonus? Regardless of how much bonus is, my fixed amount would stay the same.

I’m thinking salaried...? I can explain bonus in cover letter or ask work to provide that in their letter.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:13 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:57 am
Thank you seagul for your response.

So do I apply as salaried or non-salaried as I get a fixed amount with bonus? Regardless of how much bonus is, my fixed amount would stay the same.

I’m thinking salaried...? I can explain bonus in cover letter or ask work to provide that in their letter.
Your employer letter must state your bonuses in addition of your base salary. The annualised average income derived from bonuses will be calculated by following formula which will be added back to your base salary.

Total income of bonuses from 6 months ×12/6

You can also attach a covering letter exhibiting all of your calculations to mitigate the chances of any miscalculations by caseworker.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Hi everybody

I need assistance please. My husband was supposed to sit the IELTS A1 Life Skills test on 19th July. The tests were supposed to open on 10th July. It has today been updated to 20th July.

He has studied 3 years in a Moroccan University, studying English Language first and then the final year studying English Literature.

We want to go down the NARIC route now rather than wait for the English test opening which might not even open for a while yet.

We have his final transcripts and final certificate and before we ask his University for a Medium of Instruction letter (MOI letter), I want to be absolute certain his degree holds the equivalent and meets the recognised standard of Bachelor, Master’s or PhD as of the UK.

He completed three years of his lessons. On the certificate it says got his "Diplome De La License D'etudes Fondamentales" meaning "Bachelor Degree in Fundamental Studies".

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:03 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:01 pm
We want to go down the NARIC route now rather than wait for the English test opening which might not even open for a while yet.
Yes you can get it reassessed under NARIC red route where you might get the required documents such as comparability report & English proficiency statement relatively more swiftly.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:14 pm

Thank you so much, Seagul. Was hoping you’d respond.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:46 pm

Hello, it’s me again :)
I’ve asked TSB bank to send out my last 6 bank statements by post. They are identical to the online version, so I think this would be a problem, because I could have just printed them out. They have a line of numbers at the side of the page.

I’ve asked them to send change my bank statements from paperless to paper, and I’ve received June to July’s statement and it has an image on the first page which the others do not have.

Is this going to be an issue? Should I try to go to the bank to get them stamped or ask for a letter confirming the bank statements are legitimate? Because they literally are identical to the online PDF statements with the same line as numbers :(
Attachments
5168F310-0B0F-4AE7-9355-A93721DD125E.jpeg
5168F310-0B0F-4AE7-9355-A93721DD125E.jpeg (80.83 KiB) Viewed 1028 times

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:53 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:46 pm
Hello, it’s me again :)
I’ve asked TSB bank to send out my last 6 bank statements by post. They are identical to the online version, so I think this would be a problem, because I could have just printed them out. They have a line of numbers at the side of the page.

I’ve asked them to send change my bank statements from paperless to paper, and I’ve received June to July’s statement and it has an image on the first page which the others do not have.

Is this going to be an issue? Should I try to go to the bank to get them stamped or ask for a letter confirming the bank statements are legitimate? Because they literally are identical to the online PDF statements with the same line as numbers :(
Sporadically issued duplicate/replacement bank statements always carry different formats/layout, however, if these were issued on bank stationary then no further stamp/authentication require.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:55 pm

You’re honestly the best, seagul! Thank you so much as always

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:02 pm

Hello,
I’m panicking!! I live in a 3 bedroom shared house. We all have our own ensuites. I was under the impression that the home needed to have a HMO license and that’s what the agency told me at the time before I moved in.

Now I’ve asked for a NOC letter. This is what they have given me. Please see if this is OK.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:05 pm

I cannot add the letter they sent me so I will type it out

Dear (Sponsor),

This is to confirm that there is no objection from our side that your husband can reside with you at (Address) subject to satisfactory rights to rent checks in the U.K.

Your current residence is a 3-Bedroom shared property and therefore does not require a HMO license.

Regards,

Signature of the director

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:15 pm

I searched it and it says “If your property is let to five or more tenants then you’d need a HMO license” so I should be fine, I believe. Is this right??

:(

Covee

Post by Covee » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:08 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:05 pm
I cannot add the letter they sent me so I will type it out

Dear (Sponsor),

This is to confirm that there is no objection from our side that your husband can reside with you at (Address) subject to satisfactory rights to rent checks in the U.K.

Your current residence is a 3-Bedroom shared property and therefore does not require a HMO license.

Regards,

Signature of the director
I believe the letter should also confirm that the addition of your spouse will not make the house statutorily overcrowded per the Housing Act and the sleeping accommodation and other facilities are adequate.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:17 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:15 pm
I searched it and it says “If your property is let to five or more tenants then you’d need a HMO license” so I should be fine, I believe. Is this right??

:(
Different councils have different criterions and enforcements.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:34 pm

Thank you, Covee, I’ve asked them to include that.

Thank you, Seagul, I’ve emailed my local council to find out as I don’t want to risk it.

:( this visa process is so unbelievably stressful.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:45 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:34 pm

Thank you, Seagul, I’ve emailed my local council to find out as I don’t want to risk it.

:( this visa process is so unbelievably stressful.
Their email reply you might not receive within your expected timeframe rather the same you can find out by visiting their website. Almost all councils have very explicit policy guideline in their website.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:08 pm

I’ve checked on my local council website and found this:

The Council operates a Mandatory HMO licensing scheme. Most* landlords of HMOs that have five or more occupiers forming two or more households require a licence. This previously only applied to properties with three or more stories (including habitable basements and attics) but from 1 October 2018 HMOs with five or more occupiers forming two or more households regardless of the number of storeys became subject to HMO licensing.

We are only three occupants at the moment. We only share the Spam. I believe it does not need a HMO license going off of this information. Is this right?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:21 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:08 pm
I’ve checked on my local council website and found this:

The Council operates a Mandatory HMO licensing scheme. Most* landlords of HMOs that have five or more occupiers forming two or more households require a licence. This previously only applied to properties with three or more stories (including habitable basements and attics) but from 1 October 2018 HMOs with five or more occupiers forming two or more households regardless of the number of storeys became subject to HMO licensing.

We are only three occupants at the moment. We only share the Spam. I believe it does not need a HMO license going off of this information. Is this right?
More likely the HMO licence wouldn't be compulsory in your case as there are only 3 occupiers despite are unrelated forming a distinctive household.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:26 pm

Do you think I should include screenshots of the local council of what it says on their website? Or completely avoid mentioning a HMO license in the visa application? Or do anything additional to support this application?

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:39 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:26 pm
Do you think I should include screenshots of the local council of what it says on their website? Or completely avoid mentioning a HMO license in the visa application? Or do anything additional to support this application?
You are over thinking, HMO is the business of the local council not HO. As long as the landlord can give you a NOC letter book for a Property inspection to be done it will cost you 120 odd quid. Just type "Property inspection report UKVI" on google there is a lot of firms doing it.
A Noc letter, tenancy agreement and Property inspection report is enough.

If you overthink and start asking for HMO be ready to cough out around 800 odd quid.

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:05 pm

You’re right. I’ve already paid £65 for a property inspection report and that’ll be done by the end of the week. I’ve asked the director to add on a little detail to the letter, and he’s provided me with this:

So I think this, along with tenancy agreement and the property inspection report should be good enough. Sorry for stressing out :(

Dear (Sponsor)

This is to confirm that there is no objection from our side that your husband namely (Applicant) can reside with you at (Address) subject to the satisfactory right to rent checks in the U.K.

Your current residence is a 3 bedroom shared property and therefore does not require a HMO license. The address of your husband moving in will not cause overcrowding as the property is sufficient for four sharers as each room has en suite facilities.

Regards

Director

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:11 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:05 pm
You’re right. I’ve already paid £65 for a property inspection report and that’ll be done by the end of the week. I’ve asked the director to add on a little detail to the letter, and he’s provided me with this:

So I think this, along with tenancy agreement and the property inspection report should be good enough. Sorry for stressing out :(

Dear (Sponsor)

This is to confirm that there is no objection from our side that your husband namely (Applicant) can reside with you at (Address) subject to the satisfactory right to rent checks in the U.K.

Your current residence is a 3 bedroom shared property and therefore does not require a HMO license. The address of your husband moving in will not cause overcrowding as the property is sufficient for four sharers as each room has en suite facilities.

Regards

Director
Don't stress out, it a tedious process to collect all those docs but create yourself a checklist then tick off the docs as you go, when you upload all docs make sure the upload list matches the checklist before you hit submit.
That should be fine, it's all we used successfully.