ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Desmond123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Desmond123 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:00 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:16 am
Desmond123 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:43 am
jasmine89 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:49 pm
myukqueries wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:59 pm

It really is a joke.
Why cant we collect in person to just speed up this process? Some of the other councils are doing it. Why not Manchester?

Its things like these which create backlogs, delays and unnecessary inefficiencies across the whole process!!!

My ceremony was on the 1st Feb and still waiting for the certificate to be delivered....
Exactly. This wait seems like it is never ending.
I received my Citizenship Certificate this morning from Manchester City Council. Thanks to Almighty God. Over to passport tread. Wish everyone best of luck.
Amazing news. So it seems like they have posted them then. Did you have to sign for the post?

No, the post man just popped through my door, thou it was special delivery with white envelope, I think the postman did that bcs of social distance

myukqueries

Post by myukqueries » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:34 pm

Just got a response from the Manchester Council - Similar to jasmine89 earlier...

"Hi, Please can you bear with us, as we were sending out the certificates via special delivery last night the franking machine broke down.
We will endeavour to get it to you by weekend, however please note someone has to be in to sign for it."

So I guess they may have printed and posted some which is why Desmond has received it already.

Congratulations to you Desmond.

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:44 pm

UK home office is a real disgrace to the country. They provide substandard service, high on fees low on delivery. All that fees (£3200 for super priority ILR) + £1300 for citizenship and they can't deliver a bloody document on time

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:56 pm

so777 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:44 pm
naruto wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:12 pm
so777 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:45 am
One more- happy update.

Although last week around the 14th I got an email saying my invitation hasn't been printed yet- I just received it!

Approval date: 1 October
Ceremony invitation letter dated 7 December
Arrived: 21 December

Earliest ceremony for Barnet - 25th of February! WHY! :cry:

No private ceremonies at the moment either. Gutted.

Congratulations 🎉 mate

I was approved on October too and still no invitation letter I’m also with Barnet council 🤦‍♂️

Fingers crossed that we get this done ASAP
perhaps we'll have a ceremony together! If there's any room left on the 25th.. They said only 15 can join each ceremony and they had two available on the 25th - 10am and 1pm. Good luck!

Hi mate how are you?

I was just wondering if you managed to do your ceremony yet at Barnet council?

As I’m still on the waiting game

Regards
LaDolceVita

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:01 pm

Dear all respected members,

can i just ask if there is someone from barnet council here? Has done the ceremony or anything thank you..
LaDolceVita

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:35 pm

myukqueries wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:34 pm
Just got a response from the Manchester Council - Similar to jasmine89 earlier...

"Hi, Please can you bear with us, as we were sending out the certificates via special delivery last night the franking machine broke down.
We will endeavour to get it to you by weekend, however please note someone has to be in to sign for it."

So I guess they may have printed and posted some which is why Desmond has received it already.

What i dont get is why cant we collect them
In person like some of the councils did. The fact that it is taking them close to 10 days to deliver a certificate post ceremony within the same city is disgraceful. I live 15 mins away from the council office

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:37 pm

myukqueries wrote:

If its not there by tomorrow it would be best to ask for it to be collected. Instead of waiting for the “franking machine issues”

myukqueries

Post by myukqueries » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:45 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:37 pm
myukqueries wrote:

If its not there by tomorrow it would be best to ask for it to be collected. Instead of waiting for the “franking machine issues”
I literally asked them if I could do that and got a reply immediately saying - NO - you cant do that...
Unbelievable!

I live 10-15mins from council too and to think that my certificate has been with the council for almost a month a now is ridiculous.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:25 pm

myukqueries wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:45 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
myukqueries wrote:

I literally asked them if I could do that and got a reply immediately saying - NO - you cant do that...
Unbelievable!

I live 10-15mins from council too and to think that my certificate has been with the council for almost a month a now is ridiculous.
Lets hope we get it tomorrow. :(

Missi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Missi » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:46 pm

Finally my journey form ILR to citizenship ended..
Application submitted: 6th September 2020
Biometric date:21st September 2020
Approval date: 12th November 2020
Invitation dater received: 6th January 20121
Citizenship ceremony virtual: 8th February 2021
Collected by certificate same day after 30 minutes of my ceremony.
Applied for passport 8th February 2021
All the very best for all the members.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:21 pm

Gard wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:24 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:18 pm
Gard wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:36 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:12 am

Hi syed. Can you please let me know when you get thr certificate. I have not received anything. :(
Hello jasmin, I haven't received yet. I will let you know when I receive that.
Got another email from council saying you will have the certificate by the end of the week. This is an absolute joke. How can they take 10 days to deliver a certificate within the same city. When they say please be patient i think the don’t realise how long we have been waiting and have been patient and the emotional strain of this draining process that we have had to go through
Did you email them? This is shame jasmine. We can't do anything but wait. It's hard to wait for the certificate after finishing everything. 😭 I live one mile away from the city centre and still have to wait 10 days.🤭
Hi syed. Did you receive your certificate by any chance today?

asifmahmood36
Newly Registered

Post by asifmahmood36 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:14 pm

Hi, Anyone just had the ceremony with Wandsworth Council? Your experience Please. I have sent my invitation letter last month but still waiting for an appointment. They sent me reply by email that a team member will touch you but still waiting

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:51 pm

Kindsoul wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:46 am
Hi everyone, I have emailed to the home office numerous times to send my invitation letter via email or by post as my local council has received my naturalization certificate. But they are not giving me any reply. Now I have to cancel my citizenship ceremony which is tomorrow.

It is really frustrating now. Can anyone please help me in this matter 🙏
Some councils do citizenship ceremonies without the invitation letter, they ask for the approval letter instead. Try that first. If your council refuses, I'd recommend submitting a complaint to the Home Office (https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/reason) and reaching out to your MP. There is a Home Office hotline for the MPs, so your MP can either force a response from the Home Office or convince your council to do your citizenship ceremony just with the approval letter as other councils do that (apparently invitation letters going astray in the post is a common issue).

Shirin22
Newly Registered
Syria

Post by Shirin22 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:42 am

Hey everyone I had received my ceremony confirmation letter last week confirming the date and time of my ceremony but both my approval letter and ceremony invitation letter are not yet received. I have contacted the home office numerous time but not getting any response from them. Any suggestions on my situation as my ceremony is approaching very soon and is likely to be cancelled if I didn’t get my invitation letter from the home office before then :(

russn
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by russn » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:14 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:28 am
russn wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:56 am
askmeplz82 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:12 pm
Ealing Council

Finally booked for me private ceremony after 2 weeks . that is 2 months after invitation letter date and 5 months after approval

It’s free
Ealing Council

I just checked my post box yesterday and I got a letter from Ealing Council asking me to write to them... Wondering if you also got a letter and then they booked you in. Would you mind sharing the date of your ceremony ? Just want to know what to expect. Thanks !
Yea if you write to them. They will reply with a date. You can then either select that date or ask for another date

They booked me earliest available 12.02.2021
Oh nice thank you ! Yea I sent the email on Monday - hope they will reply soon... Enjoy your ceremony on Friday !

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:03 pm

myukqueries wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
myukqueries wrote:

Unbelievable!

Just got my certificate in post.Finally :) Thank the Almighty God.I am sure you will get it soon i think they have started sending them Out in order. Best of luck to everyone that is waiting.

myukqueries

Post by myukqueries » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:07 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:03 pm
myukqueries wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
myukqueries wrote:

Unbelievable!

Just got my certificate in post.Finally :) Thank the Almighty God.I am sure you will get it soon i think they have started sending them Out in order. Best of luck to everyone that is waiting.
Congratulations!!

I have just received mine too.

On to the passport thread...

Thank you all and Good luck.

Kindsoul

Post by Kindsoul » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:18 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:51 pm
Kindsoul wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:46 am
Hi everyone, I have emailed to the home office numerous times to send my invitation letter via email or by post as my local council has received my naturalization certificate. But they are not giving me any reply. Now I have to cancel my citizenship ceremony which is tomorrow.

It is really frustrating now. Can anyone please help me in this matter 🙏
Some councils do citizenship ceremonies without the invitation letter, they ask for the approval letter instead. Try that first. If your council refuses, I'd recommend submitting a complaint to the Home Office (https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/reason) and reaching out to your MP. There is a Home Office hotline for the MPs, so your MP can either force a response from the Home Office or convince your council to do your citizenship ceremony just with the approval letter as other councils do that (apparently invitation letters going astray in the post is a common issue).
Unfortunately, my local council is not doing the Citizenship ceremony without invitation letter. Today they called me and asked about the invitation letter ( which I did not receive so far). Now they have cancelled my oath ceremony and just said they can't help me in this matter.
It is very disappointing. 😩

tariq1956
Newly Registered

Post by tariq1956 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:17 pm

Hello Everyone,

I applied on 21 Sep and received the approval on 25 Nov. And sine then I haven't got any update from the council or the HO.

I tried to call the council today but they literally pick up the phone and hang up at the same moment :roll: :roll:

Has anyone with same approval interval received the invitation yet ? And do you know which dates are the HO currently handling?

Many thanks

Gard
Newly Registered

Post by Gard » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:23 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:21 pm
Gard wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:24 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:18 pm
Gard wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:36 pm

Hello jasmin, I haven't received yet. I will let you know when I receive that.
Got another email from council saying you will have the certificate by the end of the week. This is an absolute joke. How can they take 10 days to deliver a certificate within the same city. When they say please be patient i think the don’t realise how long we have been waiting and have been patient and the emotional strain of this draining process that we have had to go through
Did you email them? This is shame jasmine. We can't do anything but wait. It's hard to wait for the certificate after finishing everything. 😭 I live one mile away from the city centre and still have to wait 10 days.🤭
Hi syed. Did you receive your certificate by any chance today?
Hi jasmine, I have received the certificate today. What about you?

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:24 pm

anyone still waiting around 15th october approvals?

MALCOM2

Post by MALCOM2 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:36 pm

tariq1956 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:17 pm
Hello Everyone,

I applied on 21 Sep and received the approval on 25 Nov. And sine then I haven't got any update from the council or the HO.

I tried to call the council today but they literally pick up the phone and hang up at the same moment :roll: :roll:

Has anyone with same approval interval received the invitation yet ? And do you know which dates are the HO currently handling?

Many thanks
Yes I got the same approval as you but I did email Southwark council and the told me that I should phone them on 15 of February to find out if my certificate of naturalisation is been received. I will let you know know the outcome.let keep in touch

tariq1956
Newly Registered

Post by tariq1956 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:47 pm

MALCOM2 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:36 pm
tariq1956 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Many thanks
Yes I got the same approval as you but I did email Southwark council and the told me that I should phone them on 15 of February to find out if my certificate of naturalisation is been received. I will let you know know the outcome.let keep in touch
Thanks a lot. I will keep you updated as well. But you still haven't received the invitation, correct?

Bengomango
Mood:

Post by Bengomango » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Hi calinun my friend which you all the best . I have a question please . What details I need to collect from countersignatory to fill in passport application such as:

Name like in the passport
Passport number
Phone number and e mail
Adress

Anything else ? Please

Thanks a lot man

MALCOM2

Post by MALCOM2 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:50 pm

tariq1956 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:47 pm
MALCOM2 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:36 pm
tariq1956 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Many thanks
Thanks a lot. I will keep you updated as well. But you still haven't received the invitation, correct?
I didn’t receive my invitation letter yet . But I will let you know as soon as I get it .my target is definitely next week we should received it .